Alpine Air Alaska

rick1128

This selling ferry time has finally gotten ridiculous. Alpine Air Alaska is advertising in the employment section for someone to 'help' them out by flying with them to ferry an A-Star. It's a 20 to 25 hour trip. It will only cost you $500/hr plus food, lodging and transportation. Basically they want some poor smuck to pay all their ferry costs. Anyone that would even consider, needs to keep in mind that they would get more out of getting a Bell or American Eurocopter school.

Hey Lyn, I can't believe this is actually in the jobs section. It doesn't belong there because it isn't job!! <_< The cheek of some people! I've seen it all now!

If an up and coming pilot needs turbine time in an AS350 and can afford the amount required for this flight, I recommend that they attend the manufacturers course in Grand Prairie which includes a turbine transition and will meet future employers requirements for Insurance!!!!!! I think AE started such a course for $10K when Silver State closed to help the pilots on the street become job market ready.

Fly Safe,

Best wishes to All,

Mike

not exactly sure how or if this relates to the topic ( but somehow i think it does) Growing up my best friend's dad had a used car lot & was teaching his son how to sell used cars. Joey and i were just learning to drive & i always took in any chance to look at the cars. SOme were real JUNK & we both watched his dad sell them..... Joey turned out to be a really great salesman in later years & i asked him how he became so successful? his reply "there's an ass for every seat"

• Like 1

I agree. I dont have ferry flights come up very much being that I'm in the Gulf, but if I did, it'd be for free. to someone that needs it.

Hmmm..free flight? I might even allow myself to sit in that brand new 407!

TransLift has the right idea. This isn't a job, it doesnt belong in the jobs section.