Operators who are seeking ferry pilots

Bama269-C

To all helicopter operators who are seeking ferry pilots. Are you tired of hunting for pilots to ferry your company aircraft? Then look no further!!! I am a commercial helicopter pilot with experience in R44, R22, and S-300. As the ferrying pilot, I will ferry your aircraft from its present location to the future job site, owner, or company location. If interested, I have listed my requirements and contact information below.

Charge per Flight hour: $75.00

Per Diem fee: $30.00 per day

Hotel Fee: $145.00 per day out.

Ramp Fees: Company must pay up front

Stand-by Fee:$100.00 per day(only charge if grounded for bad weather or maintainence).

Airfare: Company is responsible (round trip ticket.

*In addition, I require half the flight hour money up front in case of company cancelation* Example(25hrs*$75.00= $1,875.00/2= $937.50 up front)

Edited by Bama269-C
  • Like 1

SBuzzkill if operators(Alpine Air Alaska,Inc) can post a time building ad in the employment section of VRthat charges pilots, I can post my pilot services in the general forum for what I will charge operators. More importantly the reason I posted my services in the general forum is, because I am tired of seeing operators( Alpine Air Alaska,Inc) trying and asking commercial pilots to pay for ferry flights when operators should be paying the commercial pilot. So no I am not on the wrong frequency, the operators are.

Lol. Good luck with that. Supply and demand my friend. Time is in demand and operators ferrying have the supply. You may not be willing to pay for some of that delicious long x/c time, but a large number of people are. Is it wrong? Maybe. But lets face it, operators could just as easily leave that seat empty, then noone would benefit.

And for some of the turbine ferry flights i saw recently, it offers a low timer a great way to get some experience flying a ship they might not see for years otherwise.

Bama269C,

I respect your post but suggest that you state your PIC Quals in the models you offer to ferry.

Maybe mention Total Time, Factory Courses attended?

SFAR qualified in both 22 & 44?

Ferry experience?

Usually, we get paid when we deliver the aircraft to said location, then tally up cost of fuel and fees, expenses, etc.

Fly Safe, Mike

SBuzzkill if operators(Alpine Air Alaska,Inc) can post a time building ad in the employment section of VRthat charges pilots, I can post my pilot services in the general forum for what I will charge operators. More importantly the reason I posted my services in the general forum is, because I am tired of seeing operators( Alpine Air Alaska,Inc) trying and asking commercial pilots to pay for ferry flights when operators should be paying the commercial pilot. So no I am not on the wrong frequency, the operators are.

Just my opinion here... but if you don't like the operators posting pay to ferry offers in the job section, flag their posts, or report them to a moderator. It doesn't automatically grant you permission to put your posts in the wrong place too. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

As inferno said, it's all about supply and demand.

I'm surprised that someone hasn't already posted that they will undercut your price. Then someone will undercut that persons price, and so on until someone is offering to do it for free. Then someone else will have the great idea that they will offer to make the flight and PAY for it, and no doubt someone will offer to pay even more. Operators often ask ferry pilots to pay for these flights because there are many low time pilots who will.

Perhaps if you have many thousands of hours and significant experience in the specific make and model to be flown, you might have a shot. I'd bet in this economy though, that there are even guys with those qualifactions who'd do it either for free or for less money...

Best of luck with it all.

Bama, there is a Contractor's Corner PILOTS forum, which is perfectly suited to making a post about your qualifications and willingness to be a pilot for hire for a non-part/full time job.

The general helicopter forum is for discussions about helicopters themselves, not for offering yourself to fly them and here are your rates. That is what the contractor's corner is for. You say you're talking about ferrying helicopters, really, you're talking about yourself.

Bama, there is a Contractor's Corner PILOTS forum, which is perfectly suited to making a post about your qualifications and willingness to be a pilot for hire for a non-part/full time job.

The general helicopter forum is for discussions about helicopters themselves, not for offering yourself to fly them and here are your rates. That is what the contractor's corner is for. You say you're talking about ferrying helicopters, really, you're talking about yourself.

Tarantula,

I certainly appreciate what you are doing in trying to lead someone to post in the right forum. Perhaps a moderator in the making. B)

Honestly, I do not think Bama was really trying to market his services. His post is more of a protest or the "anti-post" to a controversial ad that was placed into the jobs board by a company with a time building opportunity. It has garnered much discussion on the two forums on Justhelicopters.com as well. He is venting.

At least that is the way I view his post.

Bama, I feel your pain. I myself emailed Alpin and ask if I read the ad correct. I ask if they was wanting someone to pay them to help them was what I was reading.In response they said the were trying to help pilots who needed turbine time.I fail to see how a company is helping anyone by charging them to help fly a ship of theirs from point A to point B when all they are doing to trying to cover their expences!

• Like 1

Tarantula,

I certainly appreciate what you are doing in trying to lead someone to post in the right forum. Perhaps a moderator in the making. B)

Honestly, I do not think Bama was really trying to market his services. His post is more of a protest or the "anti-post" to a controversial ad that was placed into the jobs board by a company with a time building opportunity. It has garnered much discussion on the two forums on Justhelicopters.com as well. He is venting.

At least that is the way I view his post.

Exactly what I was about to post. People are really quick to chew someone's head off on here.

I have to agree, he was just "venting". I should know, I've done my fair share.

What we all have to remember is that this is a "sellers market". As long as there are more pilots than jobs, we low-timers are going to be treated like crap!

Time-building can be a worthwhile experience, but I must say that $500/hr is quite insulting!

Oh I dunno... it's about the going rate for an R-44. The way I see it, 500 bucks an hour for flying a turbine around the mountains, learning your way around a turbine isn't bad. I don't have the cash, but I could see if I were really hurting and had already done the CFI thing for a few years, I might be inclined to do it. It might make a difference, it might not. But it sure would be a neat way to spend a few grand.

edit: per AE's website, the price for flight time is 2200/hr at the training course. Now I'm sure you'll get better training there, but less flight time. I dunno, I'm not their prime demographic really.

Edited by ADRidge

Understood. I wasn't sure if you had meant to post up in the other section and accidentally posted here (I have made this mistake before) but now I understand what you're getting at.

Edited by SBuzzkill

We have a job and looking for a pilot that need to be skilled in long lining, mountain, IFR and multi engine rated to fly in an R44. This is good for a person that want to brake in to the industry since we will provide training with another pilot on the job and we will only charge you $250 per hour to do this.

The job will last for about 4 weeks and you will gain approximate of 100 flight hours and ready to work for anybody in the industry.

Just send us an mail: chifepilot at youarefooled.com

TT

AdminLB thank you for being the first to realize the true meaning behind my post. As you stated I did not post my comments to find employment or advertise my services, but to voice my discust at operators who are trying to manipulate pilots into thinking they are getting a great deal, taking advantage of pilots, and using commercial pilots for personal gain without compensating the pilots. Does Silver State Helicopter's past motivations ring a bell to anyone? I mean it is ridiculous to ask a pilot who has already spent well over $50,000 to pay to ferry their aircraft. However, all the blame can not go to the operators. The pilots themselves share a part in their own degrading and downfall,1-by paying the operators to ferry their aircraft, 2- pilots as a whole not demanding operators to pay them for their pilot services, 3- pilots not being more unionized to ward off the predatory and manipulating ways of operators. In addition, by pilots undercuting each others rates instead of working together to set an industry standard and rate that will not and can't be cut with out the majority of the industries approval, we will end up like the commercial trucking industry who have undercut each others rates so much that many companies and drivers can no longer make a decent living. In fact, for over the past 7+ years I have witnessed the slow downfall of the trucking industry first hand through my dad, a truck driver, for 25+ years who worked for one trucking company for 20 years that eventually bankrupt, then another for 6 till it backrupt, and another for 1 till it bankrupt; and the hard truth is now him and many other truckers find it hard to find companies that are stable and commodities to haul. Therefore, all I can hope for one day is that pilots( high hour and low hour) will work together instead against each other in hopes of preserving the trade,pilot industry, and the priceless knowledge that can only be taught by the more experienced pilots who one day will retire; not learned in a flight school.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree with Bama, this is getting totally out of control. We should start a Helicopter Pilot's Union to fight against the scam operations of helicopter companies out there. If construction workers, teachers, car builders, and truck drivers can then why can't we?

I can picture it now, all non-union operations would cause the Union to stand outside the company with an inflatable rat, much like the construction workers union does when a company hires a non-union company for a job. In this case, maybe we can get an inflatable rat to tow and follow the helicopters around in.

I will offer rental of this inflatable rat for $275.00 an hour. Before rental I will require a 5 hour "Inflatable Rat Towing Transition Course" for approximately $500.00 an hour. After that it's all yours (Oh and lets not forget the $25.00 per flight hour Union Dues that you can pay directly to me). That'll show them that they can't scam us.

In all seriousness I agree with Bama and hope things change for the sake of everybody in the future.