Tour of USA in a R22 Beta II @ $99/hr! Unique!

R22 Beta II available for a tour of the US for PIC time building @ $99/hr (fuel not included).

This is not a ferry flight for a company, this is truly an opportunity to fly a well maintained/ GPS equipped R22 Beta II around the US (across about 30 sates) for as cheap as it comes.

The total flight time will be around 100 hrs from mid Nov to mid Dec 2010.

Call 310-854-2555 for more information

P.S. CFI/CFII available on request.

• Like 2

If this is not a ferry flight, are you just going on a "joy ride", and want some company?

Since this is an R22, what's the weight limit?

Are any other expenses included, like hotel, taxi, etc...?

I know you said "call for more info", but I'm sure others would like to know?

:huh:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm reading this right.... With fuel not included, it comes to around $150 an hour. Why not say that. Otherwise its misleading. Basically, what this looks like is you want to go on a "joyride" while someone else foots the bill... OK then....

There are some operators out there offering long ranger and a-star time for the same price on long distance x/c flights. They caught a ton of flack. I can't fathom why you aren't....

• Like 1

...There are some operators out there offering long ranger and a-star time for the same price on long distance x/c flights. They caught a ton of flack. I can't fathom why you aren't....

This could be why? :huh:

These offers are generally sought after by unemployed low-timers trying to fatten up their resumes.

Therefore building time in an R22 is far more valuable than in a Turbine(since the only jobs available to them, if they can find one, is teaching, in an R22(most likely)).

There's also the S300 Cfi who can't find a job teaching, and therefore needs to build R22 time for the SFAR.

Plus, $150/hr is the lowest you'll probably find for an R22, and since it costs me about $100 more to rent one, I'd say its a pretty good deal.

Cheap turbine time can be fun, but unless I have 1500hrs(no turbine), and am applying to a company that uses that particular model, there's no real need for it.

And don't forget, most schools want 300-500hrs for new Cfis, and I seriously doubt they would value a handful of turbine hours over the R22?

:)

• Like 1

There are some operators out there offering long ranger and a-star time for the same price on long distance x/c flights. They caught a ton of flack. I can't fathom why you aren't....

They catch flak because they are charging for you to accompany them on a ferry flight which is making them money. Highflyerusa just is wanting to go flying with some company.

• Like 2

I think it's a good opportunity to build some time. Not that expensive and you can pretty much tailor it to the way you want to do it.

• Like 1

They catch flak because they are charging for you to accompany them on a ferry flight which is making them money. Highflyerusa just is wanting to go flying with some company.

This is not a ferry flight that we are paid for!!! Talk about what you know for sure!!!

This is a great opportunity for serious people that are also valuing safety by understanding a rigorous maintenance comes with a minimum cost!!! (You might not know but it cost a lot of money to prime maintain an aircraft like we do with ours). ;)

FYI, the extra costs such as hotels, car rental if any...etc are shared...

With the average fuel price it comes to 146-$ per hr which is a full 100-$ cheaper than most R22 rental where you have the freedom to circle around an airport for 1 or 2 hrs at the time!!!

For the people seriously interested Please know I have done this 3 time already (including in winter). We would prepare our itinerary thoroughly together in a way to have a precise financial planning. B)

The weight limit is 200lbs to avoid to many fuel stops...

• Like 2

highflyer, I wasn't saying you were. The other posters, that are ferry flights, get a hard time, because they are charging someone to ride with them on a ferry flight. You are not getting that hard time, because you are not a ferry flight. If I had a certificate, I'd definitely consider it... since I'm just a student, I'll just have to hope you're still doing this in the future.

• Like 1