AS350B3 Throttle slop/play

B3 Drivers,

We have been getting some play in our throttles, enough play that requires reaching over the left seat to roll the left throttle to get the amber gov and twist grip light to go out when going from idle to flight. Now when we use our throttle to go to idle the ng will go as low as 64%. We have heard it could be a matter of rigging the throttles and or replacing worn parts in the throttles. Has anyone encountered this problem and if so what did it take to remedy the issue? Looks like several possible parts that could be worn enough to cause the slop. If you replaced any of these to resolve the problem which parts were they?

Thanks

I've only had experience with the 2B1 engine. Sounds like a rigging problem like you indicated. I flew Blackhawks in the military and had one engine that shutdown when the power control lever was retarded to idle. My understanding was that it was due to rigging and worn parts in the quadrant.

I've only had experience with the 2B1 engine. Sounds like a rigging problem like you indicated. I flew Blackhawks in the military and had one engine that shutdown when the power control lever was retarded to idle. My understanding was that it was due to rigging and worn parts in the quadrant.

The rigging is different with the 2B1. I'm sure there's a worn part or two as well. I'm hoping to find someone who's replaced some of those parts before so we can hopefully save some time troubleshooting. A flame out from fly to idle in the hawk. That would be slightly out of rig.

Cutter,

Needless to say, when the engine shut down on the Blackhawk I was a bit surprised as was the other pilot (he started giving me crap until I showed him the position of the PCL). At least we were back at home base with Maintenance right there.

Yeah, the 2B1 "throttle" is more of a switch to tell the FADEC to go from Idle to Fly with nothing in between (no manual throttle / twist grip operations). Good luck with your issue.

Fred.