Aircraft Re-Registration - Completed

edspilot

The letter I saw from the FAA stated that without the new registration that the aircraft would not be deemed airworthy.

Huge bunch of crap in my humble opinion. I fail to see how not forking over money to the government makes an aircraft loose airworthiness.

five dollars this time, but give the FAA a decade or so and I bet that fee will be up in the hundreds. Typical government at work though, seems like a classic game of "Just the tip"

In theroy, I agree that there are a lot of registrations that need "cleaned up" out there. I am sure there are thousands of aircraft in "parts" that are lying around in hangers, garages, basements and barns that will never be assembled or flown again.

Think of all of the aircraft that are setting in museums, that somebody has to figure out which ones to re-up or not. Some have books written or movies titled after the tail numbers.

I do agree that it is only the beginning as far as the cost. Now, $5.00 for three years, after this first round, it will jump up I'm sure. If anybody believes otherwise, they are dreaming. I hope I am wrong but, history has proven time-and-again, we will be right.

Like I said, just another tax....

edspilot

just got the aopa email pass along.... faa reauthorization bill that is getting ready to go into effect will allow the faa to up the reg. fee's to $45 every 3 years... and $130 for initial registrations. grrrrrrrrr... I have 6 active

registrations...grrrrrrrrrr

just got the aopa email pass along.... faa reauthorization bill that is getting ready to go into effect will allow the faa to up the reg. fee's to $45 every 3 years... and $130 for initial registrations. grrrrrrrrr... I have 6 active

registrations...grrrrrrrrrr

Thats one heck of a price jump in less than a year of this thing even coming out.

$5 to $45 .... Next step $225?

And this three year business is a bunch of crap, I think they should make that every year.