Going to Vegas by my lonesome...

romanweel

RW, sent you a PM, forgot to mention you can text me to find me if you wish! Others attending, I am happy to talk or share knowledge with any of you, Mike

• Like 1

Hey Louis, sent you a PM.

Looks like there's a food court in the hotel...burgers, Indian, Mexican, and coffee, and probably other stuff as well. Does that sound alright? I'm thinking that's probably where I'll be at lunch time, and anyone who wants to join is welcome.

See y'all soon,

romanweel

Hey guys,

There is a great diner right near the Riviera called The Peppermill. I'll be there for lunch myself, catching up with some friends, before the FAAST meeting.

You might enjoy grabbing some brunch there. It's really close, moderately priced, and good!

Hope to meet you soon,

Lou

I have some photos for you...have been unable to reach you on phone...email me when you can please.. beav5@cox.net Chris D

Yo Romanweel, so just how lonely were you?

Mike

Mike- I'm thinking she wasn't very lonely for very long. Sounds like you guys/gals all had a good time.

Steve, first she met me in the hotel lobby about 10AM, picked my brain until we met Lyn B., Samantha & Randy Rowles for lunch at 12:15. Then she hung around for the dry run of the FAASTeam prez, sat thru that for 3 hours with 100 others, socialized for one hour, then got invited along to dinner with Janie Foster(Evergreen), Barry L(Cal Fire), DP & Brett(CHO), Bob Low(Bristow), Chris Fischer, Tom McDermott(Boat Pix), his girl friend Michelle and two of his pilots, Mike & Ryan plus more of me! Damn she was lonely!

Anyone that was lonely at Heli-Success must have been MIA! What a terrific event for networking. In the truly Bonus section after my FAASTeam ADM prez, I told everyone what to get out of Seminars and Expos. The Three "I"s, Information, Inspiration and Interaction! Also to make a "Get" list & a "Give" list.

Best to All,

Mike

• Like 1

Steve, first she met me in the hotel lobby about 10AM, picked my brain until we met Lyn B., Samantha & Randy Rowles for lunch at 12:15. Then she hung around for the dry run of the FAASTeam prez, sat thru that for 3 hours with 100 others, socialized for one hour, then got invited along to dinner with Janie Foster(Evergreen), Barry L(Cal Fire), DP & Brett(CHO), Bob Low(Bristow), Chris Fischer, Tom McDermott(Boat Pix), his girl friend Michelle and two of his pilots, Mike & Ryan plus more of me! Damn she was lonely!

Anyone that was lonely at Heli-Success must have been MIA! What a terrific event for networking. In the truly Bonus section after my FAASTeam ADM prez, I told everyone what to get out of Seminars and Expos. The Three "I"s, Information, Inspiration and Interaction! Also to make a "Get" list & a "Give" list.

Best to All,

Mike

That's 5 years of networking all rolled into one day. No wonder she hasn't posted anything yet, she's probably still resting up!

• Like 1

That's 5 years of networking all rolled into one day. No wonder she hasn't posted anything yet, she's probably still resting up!

This was an incredible experience! And no, I wasn't the least bit lonely, thanks in large part to Mike's taking the time to talk to me at length and the hospitality of Dennis Pierce and Brett Sawyer. I had a LOT of follow-up work to do this week, some of which I still haven't finished!

This trip sure took a big shift in thinking, though...I made a lot of "contacts" in Vegas, but I think the bigger deal was the opportunity to pick people's brains, talk to people both ahead and behind me in experience, hear the stories, and tell my own. I have no doubt I've made friends this week who will someday help me find or land a job, but I think the point is that I made friends. Never in my wildest dreams thought such a trip could be so much fun!

I do think it's interesting listening to the take-aways of people walking out of HeliSuccess...it seems there are two reactions:

1. Gratefulness to the presenters, the operators who were there, Chris who edited their resume, and other people who spent personal time with the attendees, or

2. Did not walk away with an interview or job offer, and so the trip was a waste of time and money.

Maybe this should be the start of a new thread, but does this seem to be true? Or are there other reactions I haven't heard?

Steve, Mike, Dennis, look for a note from me either tomorrow or early in the week next week.

• Like 1