WINNER! The first R66 goes to...

arotrhd

Well, Congrats to Barbara and Rod (and the rest of the gang at Helistream). Looking forward to looking at it on their deck & maybe (if I can bribe Rod) drooling/driving when it becomes a little more aged. Might have to bring some wine to help with the effort. Anyways, an nice day for all of us as it's now really available.

And Goldy, when are you going to get one? I might have to get creative and find a way to pony-up some $ and partner with you. Still, might be awhile, especially with our great kelifornia economy going as it's going.

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

R66-First-Delivery-Helistream.jpg

Well, Congrats to Barbara and Rod (and the rest of the gang at Helistream). Looking forward to looking at it on their deck & maybe (if I can bribe Rod) drooling/driving when it becomes a little more aged. Might have to bring some wine to help with the effort. Anyways, an nice day for all of us as it's now really available.

And Goldy, when are you going to get one? I might have to get creative and find a way to pony-up some $ and partner with you. Still, might be awhile, especially with our great kelifornia economy going as it's going.

post-1904-128833377609_thumb.jpg

I'm working on getting as close as I can to one next week! stay tuned...still studying the POH.

Kinda forgot to mention, the R66 is a certified ship now.

Edited by Goldy

... as they say,"never fly the A-model of anything"

Would that include the A-Star?...AS365...? Anything from old-skul Eurocopter/Aerospatiale? :D thefinger.gif Glad Frank started near the end of the alphabet.

(Sorry 'bout the thefinger.gif, but this WAS asking for it)

I said A-model, not "model that starts with A", smartass... note that Eurocopter was smart enough to start the numbering at "AS-350B" just to fool people like me!

Robinson's history with their A-models is not that great though, so lets wait and see..

Edited by lelebebbel

post-1904-128833377609_thumb.jpg

I said A-model, not "model that starts with A", smartass... note that Eurocopter was smart enough to start the numbering at "AS-350B" just to fool people like me!

Robinson's history with their A-models is not that great though, so lets wait and see..

Agreed, not to take away from the excitement, I wouldn't buy the first one, but I'm not sure Id buy one over a 206 anyways...its still a Robbie.

Congratulations, but I'm quite happy to let all of you guys go first... as they say,

"never fly the A-model of anything" and "never buy anything with a 1-digit serial number"

I was thinking the exact same thing. Let some others work the bugs out and then we'll see.