GoPro Video Camera Mount for R-22

Hi all,

I have received some requests about photos where it shows how I mount my GoPro camera in the R-22. So here we go, I snapped these pictures with my cell phone prior to today´s flight.

It is a piece of luan with a one inch hole on top, fits nice over the headset hook. I layed in the hole a piece of weather stripping to help it with the vibrations. Also, today I put some foam weather stripping on the back (top and bottom) of that luan piece and on the acutal hook itself. Have not looked at the results yet from today´s flight, but I can let you guys know if it helped at all.

I also recorded on a digital voice recorder the headset chatter and radio com today, I will bring video and audio together in a editing program. That should fill up my lunch hour tomorrow ;-)

Enjoy the pics. If you use a GoPro Camera, or any other POV cam, I would love to hear how you mount it, what works for you, anything you are doing in regard to minimize vibrations?

cheers,

Swisster

PS: I know I posted the pics in this forum, because I use the video to review my training flights.

GoProMount1.JPG

GoProMount2.JPG

GoProMount3.JPG

Nice post, i'm attaching a photo of one of my mounts.. it worked great on the hat, but you have to remember to not move your head so much, there was NO vibration tho.

I also posted about a bose headset mod i did a few years ago where i placed a mic inside the ear cup of my bose and added a plug for the GoPro camera. The old one's didn't have a mic out plug, but i've heard the new one's do.. i couldn't figure out how to do a search for the bose topic, maybe someone else can. The mic worked great for the GoPro and many other cameras, we still use it to this day!!

aloha,

dp

Here is more info on the vibration stuff than you will ever want to know but, they have all of the foam and rubber for what you need.

http://www.sorbothane.com/index.php

Also, I use this camera and set up. Understanding that I am not interested in doing the inside shots, just outside and without the glare of the plastic. However, that have multi-camera setups too. Hoow around the site.

http://www.flightcam360.com/photos/helicopter/category/34-robinson-r22

Yes, I know the camera is a little expensive but the RAM mount could be used for the GoPRO too, especially for the nose of the R22/R44.

One suggestion.

edspilot

Nice camera setups. I use a mini HDVR from Dog-Cam Sports. It has a bullet cam that you can mount to your headset or helmet and an external mic that you can place in your earcup. It takes decent video, but the real advantage, I think, is being able to hear the ICS and radios. I'll see about posting a video.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really helicopter related, but it is aviation and GoPro camera related.

Check out the video clip on this page what the guy did with his GoPro camera. Awesome!!!

http://www.goprocamera.com/news/101210-GoPro-NYTimes-Weather-Balloon.php

cheers,

Swisster

• 2 weeks later...

I got my new GoPro HD Hero and already started modifing the case.

photo.jpg

RAMMount.jpg

RAMMount3.jpg

I used JB Weld and attached. I have alot of RAM mounts from the motorcycle days of holding all kinds of gadgets and figured, why not.

I know GoPro has their own mount but, I like the RAM. RAM is much more adjustable, IMO.

Be safe,

edspilot

Not really helicopter related, but it is aviation and GoPro camera related.

Check out the video clip on this page what the guy did with his GoPro camera. Awesome!!!

http://www.goprocamera.com/news/101210-GoPro-NYTimes-Weather-Balloon.php

cheers,

Swisster

Now that's awesome!