November WOFT Board

I am new to this forum but have been in the WOFT application process since January. Just wanted to get an idea if anyone is awaiting the November WOFT board results. This board will be my 2nd look, so of course I am anxious to find out the results. I have been through some ups and downs in this entire process, but it's nice to finally get a chance to see the results of all of the hard work. My recruiters have been very helpful in the process and even though I did not get picked up on the first board, they gave me some good advice on what areas I can improve on to make me more competitive for my 2nd look.

Good luck to everyone in the process and no matter what happens next week, DON'T GIVE UP!

Good luck. I'm still trying to get my flight physical approved (it was done by the Navy, so getting it approved has been a pain). If you don't mind me asking, what does your application look like in terms of AFAST, ASVAB, PT, LORs ect.?

Stats.

ASVAB GT: 114

AFAST: 120

PT: 260

LOR's: Army Aviation Lt.Col, AF Col, 2 AF Lt. Col, 2 Capt's.

BS: Professional Aeronautics, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University.

Associates: Criminal Justice, Technical Military Science, Air and Space Technology

Completed FAA Ground School, 15 hours fixed wing

FC1/1A Stamped by Rucker: August 17 2010

MAX'd BN Board: 75/75

SELECTED!!!!!!!!!!! AS OF 16 NOV 2010

SHIP: 10 JAN 2011

Edited by theprofessor
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on getting selected! I actually found this thread because I was searching for some answers about what happens when you don't get picked up. I applied for the Nov board as well. My stats are as follows:

Prior service AF (Avionics Technician)

Bachelors: International Affairs

GT:110

AFAST:129

27 hours flight time

Strong recommendation from the Board (74/75)

I have also been through many ups and downs in this application process of almost 2 years. It's pretty disappointing but it's great to see others getting selected and succeeding. If anyone has any advice on what the next step is or how to improve, it would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by kimber12x

• 2 weeks later...

Stats.

ASVAB GT: 114

AFAST: 120

PT: 260

LOR's: Army Aviation Lt.Col, AF Col, 2 AF Lt. Col, 2 Capt's.

BS: Professional Aeronautics, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University.

Associates: Criminal Justice, Technical Military Science, Air and Space Technology

Completed FAA Ground School, 15 hours fixed wing

FC1/1A Stamped by Rucker: August 17 2010

MAX'd BN Board: 75/75

SELECTED!!!!!!!!!!! AS OF 16 NOV 2010

SHIP: 10 JAN 2011

We were at Rucker the same day for the flight phys! I was wearing a grey long sleeve shirt shirt and jeans with a pair of black shoes. Small world!

Edited by JMcDonald

I received the phone call yesterday informing me that I actually was selected! I find out in a few days when I ship out. See you at Fort Rucker, theprofessor!!

Damn, congratulations to you too!!!!!!!!

I received the phone call yesterday informing me that I actually was selected! I find out in a few days when I ship out. See you at Fort Rucker, theprofessor!!

Congrats. Its a good feeling isnt it? One step at a time. BCT is an experience in itself, and then WOCS is a kick in the butt. You will basically have 17 weeks of suck before you start the suck of Bco :lol:

Congrats. Enjoy your training and have lots of fun in BCT. You may never get to do the same things that you do there again. WOCS will test you mentally but endure the six weeks by remembering what you will get out of it. B co is not that bad, if you don't get stuck on a long term detail. I had a great time on hold and got plenty of time with my family. Keep us posted, I try to make all the WOCS graduations of people on this forum. Dutch.

Hey Guys,

I need some confirmation....I'm 28 (turn 29 in Feb 2011), former enlisted Marine (6x2 w/ Honorable Discharge in 2006) and looking to go AZ National Guard for a pilot slot for WOFT.

I understand that my best chances will be for me to enlist in the Guard with an aviation position and network my way through the board with high scores on AFAST and LOR's.

I am a bit concerned about my age even though I am young enough to go without a waiver but was wondering how many 28/29 yr olds are in my position. Meaning are there alot of upper 20's to early 30's guys out there just starting out?

Also, if anyone has experience in my position, your input would be greatly appreciated!

And congrats to all of you who have been excepted into WOFT!!!

Best Regards,

Jon

Hey Guys,

I need some confirmation....I'm 28 (turn 29 in Feb 2011), former enlisted Marine (6x2 w/ Honorable Discharge in 2006) and looking to go AZ National Guard for a pilot slot for WOFT.

I understand that my best chances will be for me to enlist in the Guard with an aviation position and network my way through the board with high scores on AFAST and LOR's.

I am a bit concerned about my age even though I am young enough to go without a waiver but was wondering how many 28/29 yr olds are in my position. Meaning are there alot of upper 20's to early 30's guys out there just starting out?

Also, if anyone has experience in my position, your input would be greatly appreciated!

And congrats to all of you who have been excepted into WOFT!!!

Best Regards,

Jon

I turned 30 at WOCS, and I am a WOFT street to seater. Nothing wrong with being old :)

• 2 weeks later...

29 and 30 is not old either!!

Great info and thank you for the feedback Cencinitas! I'm guessing you had to enlist first before you were able to take the AFAST and Flight Physical, correct?

I've spoken with National Guard recruiters here in AZ as they have alot going on in regards to helicopter positions. I have a few options as far as either enlisting then acquiring an aviation slot for WO or go OCS first and then see if I can get aviation. I could also do a "One and Done" contract just to see if I can pass a flight physical then get out in a year if I don't.

My one setback could be my vision. I'm about a 20/40 correctable to 20/20 or 20/10 at best but I have a good case of astigmatism. I had Lasik in 2003 but my astigmatism kicked in. If only they handed out Flight Physicals before joining. I won't have to do boot camp since I'm a former Marine unless I go the OCS route so that is one thing in my favor.

Quick question, what was your route in getting a flight position?

Thank you for all the info and good luck in boot!

I am "STREET TO TO SEAT" going active WOFT. 11 more days to go! :D

Only a few days left before you hit the streets running! Quick question....do I have to enlist and sign the contract before getting a flight physical? I already have the GT score and the AFAST won't be a problem but my concern is my vision/astigmatism. I am 20/40 and correctable to 20/20 if better.

My only concern is getting rejected due to vision and having an MOS I might not be too happy with but....it's all about serving and taking up arms with the best men and women this country can offer!

Congrats bud and let us know how everything works out!

Edited by jmarce22

Only a few days left before you hit the streets running! Quick question....do I have to enlist and sign the contract before getting a flight physical? I already have the GT score and the AFAST won't be a problem but my concern is my vision/astigmatism. I am 20/40 and correctable to 20/20 if better.

My only concern is getting rejected due to vision and having an MOS I might not be too happy with but....it's all about serving and taking up arms with the best men and women this country can offer!

You will not sign any contract untill you are accepted. You need to go to the nearest base with a flight surgeon and get flight physical, I was lucky and I live in San diego. Talk with you recruiter.

5 more days!!!

• 3 weeks later...

[/quot]

I think you may be misunderstanding a bit. See you can’t go “street to seat” in the National Guard, only Active Duty. When you go the active route you will complete you packet and get accepted before you sign your contract. If you go the NG route you enlist, get an MOS then put your packet together and try to get accepted from there.