Passed private check ride today

ozie

I don't post on here very often, but I thought since I started this ride to a helicopter ticket, Northstar Aviation closed on me, Tomlinson Aviation pulled the helicopter out of Elkin NC. when I was almost ready for my check ride, then Heliventures was a 2 hr. drive from the house(just too far to drive) and finally Bill's Helicopter service in Hillsville Va. Bill's is where i'm at now 15 min. from the house. So after almost 4 yrs. I passed my private check ride today. Don't let anyone ever tell you it's to late. By the way, I'm 48 yrs. old. It's never to late.

Congrats , what did you fly?

Congrats, I'm 48 also. We have a helicopter that flies at Smith Mountain Lake which is less than 2 hours away from you. You can further your flying at $200/hour now that you have your ppl on our BOATPIX contract this upcoming summer or NOW in Florida with free housing. Call me at 561-346-2816 and we'll show you a way to a guaranteed first job with us. Click on the "jobs" dropdown box on our website. Congratulations once again. Oh, we also have a helicopter down in Charlotte, too, that covers a little lake there also.

Congrats, I'm 48 also. We have a helicopter that flies at Smith Mountain Lake which is less than 2 hours away from you. You can further your flying at $200/hour now that you have your ppl on our BOATPIX contract this upcoming summer or NOW in Florida with free housing. Call me at 561-346-2816 and we'll show you a way to a guaranteed first job with us. Click on the "jobs" dropdown box on our website. Congratulations once again. Oh, we also have a helicopter down in Charlotte, too, that covers a little lake there also.

I didn't know you had a helicopter at Smith Mountain Lake. Thank you for the info.

Someone mentioned that I'm not an advertiser but I am. Notice the "R44 Time in Pompano, FL for $300 hr" atop this forum. That's us, too. We have a student in Charlotte that apparently was left stranded when a S300 left but we have an R22 Mariner there for him and the Smith Mountain Lake gig is all summer long. The key for you right now is to find a way to get to a job and not just a rating. I know of a student that went to Concord, CA and graduated in 1986 with a CFI. He hasn't flown since. Find someone that does something else with the helicopters other than the training pyramid scheme. Tom.

I don't post on here very often, but I thought since I started this ride to a helicopter ticket, Northstar Aviation closed on me, Tomlinson Aviation pulled the helicopter out of Elkin NC. when I was almost ready for my check ride, then Heliventures was a 2 hr. drive from the house(just too far to drive) and finally Bill's Helicopter service in Hillsville Va. Bill's is where i'm at now 15 min. from the house. So after almost 4 yrs. I passed my private check ride today. Don't let anyone ever tell you it's to late. By the way, I'm 48 yrs. old. It's never to late.

Congratulations

How many hours did you have to accumulate going thru all of this?