Where am I? Part One

AdminLB

I am always amazed by the depth of experience and knowledge of our visitors......no matter how obscure I am, people figure it out.

I hit two different countries this week. Which country am I in in these pics?

Toucan

y17Gwk3VVq8T46.jpg

Any idea what this is? Quite genuis actually!

vBQd72Gts4Uq55.jpg

Aside from my feet, my only ride......his name is Bien Amigo.

o6Jv40Yml24j49.jpg

Pit stop at local watering hole.

mqh6Kxw3JElH40.jpg

Cold beer at local watering hole. Had a little situation that caused me to lose my pants in the jungle.......hence riding my horse in shorts.Ouch

oSj7NAy44GN344.jpg

The only thing I left behind in this country was my blood. Seed ticks in this country are so small that you do not see them until it is too late.

dHXk05Naa7Cx58.jpg

Plenty of dry and wet caves to explore.

r74Yqd0POk6M5.jpg

WHERE AM I? :blink:

Any idea what this is? Quite genuis actually!

vBQd72Gts4Uq55.jpg

Looks like a car transmission. Input shaft in the ground. Is it actually being run by something underground? Perhaps it's a manual, and in top gear, so the output shaft turns the input shaft?

I'd say it's a pump of some sort.

Looks like a car transmission. Input shaft in the ground. Is it actually being run by something underground? Perhaps it's a manual, and in top gear, so the output shaft turns the input shaft?

I'd say it's a pump of some sort.

Looks to me, you hook up the horses. They walk around in a circle which turns the shaft, which is hooked up to a saw. I'd say your at a "lumber" mill.

Have to say Belize

I'll have to second this guess... Belize. Based on the beer in the photo. And good call on the horse drawn saw mill, I wouldn't have figured that out. Well other than the tick bites, looks like a pretty fun trip.

Nice job guys!

All of these pics are in the Cayo District of Belize, in the SW part of the country not far from the Guatemalan border in the jungle.

That contraption is located in a Mennonite sawmill out in the jungle. We rode our horses through their community and they let us stop and check out the sawmill. That is a tractor transmission in the ground which is powered by horses. The drive shaft powers both a band saw for cutting planks out of GIANT logs and the chop saw for cutting them off at the right length. If you look real close you will see a hard cable coming out of the pipe and connecting to the shifter on the tranny. Once they get the horses going around they actually shift gears to make the saws turn at a higher rpm.....pretty slick! B)

1 MAJOR hint at the bottom:

Plenty of dry and wet caves to explore.

WHERE AM I? :blink:

Like the TSA, Yer in HER pants. The country don't matter when you're speaking the 'international' language... :D :blink: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

Lyn: I'm not EVEN going to elaborate on the little kid and horse from Pt. 2. God, this is great being a sick 'ol helo pilot.