Intro. and Thanks

Hello all, I am a new member that found this site while researching the WOFT program. I can honestly say that this website has given me a LOT of information in the short time I have been going through the posts. It has also given me confidence that I can do this if I really try. It is exciting to read a thread where someone is starting out with submitting a WOFT packet and ends up getting selected.

I have decided that I am ready to begin building my packet, and you guys (and gals) have made it seem easier than what I had first thought (but definitely not EASY). I will try keeping you updated with my progress for your enjoyment, and maybe others just staring out like me can see what to do and not to do.

I live in Alabama and am about 5 hours from Fort Rucker. I read that the museum there is pretty cool. Would anyone at Rucker be willing to meet me sometime and show me around? I would like to network and get to know some people that are currently flying and hear their story.

Anyway, thanks again for all of the information that you are publishing for everyone to see. It really does help guys like me that are just starting out as civilians.

Shawn

Hello all, I am a new member that found this site while researching the WOFT program. I can honestly say that this website has given me a LOT of information in the short time I have been going through the posts. It has also given me confidence that I can do this if I really try. It is exciting to read a thread where someone is starting out with submitting a WOFT packet and ends up getting selected.

I have decided that I am ready to begin building my packet, and you guys (and gals) have made it seem easier than what I had first thought (but definitely not EASY). I will try keeping you updated with my progress for your enjoyment, and maybe others just staring out like me can see what to do and not to do.

I live in Alabama and am about 5 hours from Fort Rucker. I read that the museum there is pretty cool. Would anyone at Rucker be willing to meet me sometime and show me around? I would like to network and get to know some people that are currently flying and hear their story.

Anyway, thanks again for all of the information that you are publishing for everyone to see. It really does help guys like me that are just starting out as civilians.

Shawn

I loved reading everyone's story about starting out as well. It's incredibly motivating and part of the reason I posted mine. I feel like I almost HAD to post mine because I hoped that someone else would find it as motivating as I found everyone else's to be!

I'm super super super jealous that you live so close to Ft. Rucker! I wish I could get a tour! :)

Best of luck to you though! I can't wait to hear your results!