Custom CEP Molds for Army Aircrew

Where can I get more CEP foamies? Lyster or ALSE?

ALSE

Lyster is where you go if you want to get the customs molded.

...Why were the last two posts not in here a second ago when I came into the thread, but were after I posted...

Edited by CharyouTree

They'll regret not using them 20 years from now...

I've flown over 1500 hours without CEPs and my hearing test results have always been the same. Outside noise is muffled to a point where I'd be really surprised if it was causing any damage, and I can hear radios and ICS just fine. I don't wear them because they were uncommon when I started flying and it never felt like something I needed, so the question for me was why change? And I never came up with a justifiable answer. If I'm wrong about the damage it's causing, oh well. I've been flying medevac the last couple years and I'm usually ready to crank engines while my PI is trying to get his helmet on and CEPs plugged in. I'm more worried about someone losing their life than me losing my hearing.

I've flown over 1500 hours without CEPs and my hearing test results have always been the same. Outside noise is muffled to a point where I'd be really surprised if it was causing any damage, and I can hear radios and ICS just fine. I don't wear them because they were uncommon when I started flying and it never felt like something I needed, so the question for me was why change? And I never came up with a justifiable answer. If I'm wrong about the damage it's causing, oh well. I've been flying medevac the last couple years and I'm usually ready to crank engines while my PI is trying to get his helmet on and CEPs plugged in. I'm more worried about someone losing their life than me losing my hearing.

How much military flight time do you have?

All of my time is military, H-60s.

I'm surprised to "hear" that. ;) Is the 60 a quiet bird? I flew mostly 58's and 47's when I was in.

I had perfect hearing when I took my first flight physical at the age of 21. Ten years later, I got my first waiver for hearing loss.

CEP's didn't exist when I started either, so like you, I flew without them for a few years. I always wore foam EARs in my ears under my helmet though. Then I started using CEP's as soon as they were available (early 90's?) and thought they were a revelation.

I'm 45 now and flying the AStar primarily. It's a quiet bird, but since I have significant hearing loss and tinnitus, I'm trying hard to keep what hearing I have left. For me, it's worth an extra 10 seconds to stick CEP's in my ears.