Who do you have for health insurance?

nikon858

I think this has gotten a little out of hand. The OP was looking for a pilot discount on health insurance...I'm sorry I sidetracked us by sharing my opinion on the uselessness of that system (which, regardless of the inflamatory rhetoric *ahem* on both sides, hasn't changed my mind, nor I doubt anyone else's...and for the record, I have a $20 phone, no TV, and my car is mine free and clear).

However, I think it's time to quit this thread as it has devolved to name-calling, contemptuous speech, and an utter lack of constructive advice or ideas. I'm really very sorry for starting us down this path; I should have considered the response it would draw.

• Like 1

If health care wasn't so freaking expensive and hospitals and doctors didn't need to be so rich, more people could afford to pay for their visits and operations, then we wouldn't need to have insurance. It would be affordable to all. Soon we all will need insurance for everything, like to buy gas, groceries, tires on your vehicle, to water your lawn, to pay for property taxes. As the prices of everything goes up just like it did in the medical field we will eventually need insurance to help cover the cost of everything we need or use on a daily basis. Just a thought.

As for answer to the original question: My employer pays for my whole family to be insured thru Blue Cross Blue Shield. Deductibles are like 300/family member office visits are like 30/visit all of which caps at 3,000/yr and insurance pay all the rest after 3,000.

Steve

Yeah not sure how old this post is, but my daughter and i have medica with a $203 a month with $60 doctors visits but a $4500 deductible for major stuff. I think its pretty reasonable really. I am a big fan of state subsidized health plans for thoseworking class who can't afford other plans. When I had a bad couple years financially it kept me insured when my appendix went bad w/ complications. without it I would surely have gone bankrupt.