What do these AFAST scores mean?

I took the AFAST this week and my reported equated score was 138=62+76. Does that mean I got a 138 on the test or a 76? The MEPS people seem to think I got a 76 on it even after saying they don't know what the scores mean. I am 99.9% sure they are reading the score wrong and I have a 138. What do you guys think?

044237.jpg

138 is the total score. Very good job, 138 is good score.

and in response to what meps said, they didn't seem to know much about the afast score when I was there...they didn't even know the highest possible score. I think it is because not a ton of people take it.

Edited by Flying Bison

Well that's even more reassuring, thanks. I know, I couldn't stand the wait for my recruiter to get a response back from the Warrant Officer Recruitment people :D

Hopefully that 76 I know the Army office entered in their computers doesn't take much to change to the correct score or come back to bite me in the ass later.

138 is the total score. Very good job, 138 is good score.

yup, goob job! The average score of accepted candidates is 122. It is unofortunate but you have to steer the application process for most recruiters, its just not very often that they see a WOFT packet. The recruiting Battalion will know what to do though.

Well I got a call from my recruiters office today, they checked with their supervisors and again said I got a 76 and they were going by my USMEPCOM PCN 680-3ADP processee/enlistment record (basically the guys at MEPS typed a 76 as the score into the system and this is it). So that was a no brainer, pretty much affirming again no one really knows anything about the AFAST. Anyways my recruiter told me he will ask some different people tomorrow and get back with me after he does. I do think I have some really good recruiters, the problem lies within MEPS I believe.

I think right now a smart move would be to call and fax a copy of my results directly to the Warrant Officer Recruitment people tomorrow, and hopefully that will steer my packet in the right direction.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as what to do next or who to get in contact with?

Thanks,

ETA: any chance I could become a VR member here?

YES! Same thing is happening to me. For the longest time I was under the impression that I got a 93 on the test, but I saw that same sheet of paper MEPS and was wondering if I had actually gotten a 145. That is fantastic news for the next time I put in my WOFT packet. But also disappointing because I was told THAT was one of the main reasons my packet wasn't selected. So although people on VR usually say that the AFAST is more of like a PASS/FAIL, they actually do look at your scores. When Ft. Rucker is comparing your packet with hundreds of others, that IS something they will look at to see who is most competitive. I learned that the hard way.

Good news, my AFAST score will be changed to the correct score! Well in a week or so, however long the higher ups take to process the score change. That was much more easier than I thought it was going to be.

By the way, what exactly did you do to get that changed? That would be incredibly helpful, thank you.

I hope this isn't too common a problem, I have to wonder just how many people have gotten their scores reported wrong at MEPS <_< ?

I have a good recruiter I have to give him credit, he called a different recruitment office and compared my scorecard with a different guy and was convinced that way. I ended up calling Warrant Officer Recruiting Command and confirmed my score with them at the same time, they can definitely show your recruiter what the correct score was.

Good luck, that's a great score. Hopefully to much time hasn't passed.

YES! Same thing is happening to me. For the longest time I was under the impression that I got a 93 on the test, but I saw that same sheet of paper MEPS and was wondering if I had actually gotten a 145. That is fantastic news for the next time I put in my WOFT packet. But also disappointing because I was told THAT was one of the main reasons my packet wasn't selected. So although people on VR usually say that the AFAST is more of like a PASS/FAIL, they actually do look at your scores. When Ft. Rucker is comparing your packet with hundreds of others, that IS something they will look at to see who is most competitive. I learned that the hard way.

How do you guys actually get that paper? I never got mine and my recruiter is having me chase him around trying to figure out what parts of the AFAST I did well on and the parts that I didn't do so well on.

How do you guys actually get that paper? I never got mine and my recruiter is having me chase him around trying to figure out what parts of the AFAST I did well on and the parts that I didn't do so well on.

Only reason I found mine was because I was being noisy and rooted around my medical packet at MEPS to see if my dd-214 and ngb-22 along with some other paper work was in there. I just got lucky when I found it I guess. Then I made sure they made a copy of it for me after I spotted their error.

Who says it is pass/fail? Nothing is pass/fail except maybe the physicals.

Only reason I found mine was because I was being noisy and rooted around my medical packet at MEPS to see if my dd-214 and ngb-22 along with some other paper work was in there. I just got lucky when I found it I guess. Then I made sure they made a copy of it for me after I spotted their error.

Interesting. I need to somehow get a hold of that paper. MY recruiters giving me the run around though.