Where To Get an Instrument Add-on in B206BIII

Bristow in Titusville probably has an instrument 206. They use them (at least they used to) for foreign government contract training. With pre and post flight briefing and a fuel surcharge, you're looking at around $1000 an hour. Or...you could do it in a recip, rent a 206 from a place in Alabama (haven't been able to find it yet)* that has a 206 for $650 an hour (which is cheaper than any place I've ever seen) and take a couple of really fun trips.

I should clarified earlier that I find instrument TRAINING boring, because, well, it is. And training is what we are talking about.

*Found it: Wesson Aviation.

Edited by helonorth

IMO, if the training is boring, the actual flying will be boring, because it's pretty much the same thing. If keeping the needles centered and thinking ahead is boring, then you're pretty much always going to be bored flying instruments, because that's what it consists of. One man's excitement is another's boredom, and there is no getting around that. It's not a character flaw, it's just differences between people. Reading forums about flying helicopters bores some people to tears, in fact most people, I would bet. But to each his own. ;)

IMO, if the training is boring, the actual flying will be boring, because it's pretty much the same thing. If keeping the needles centered and thinking ahead is boring, then you're pretty much always going to be bored flying instruments, because that's what it consists of. One man's excitement is another's boredom, and there is no getting around that. It's not a character flaw, it's just differences between people. Reading forums about flying helicopters bores some people to tears, in fact most people, I would bet. But to each his own. ;)

Have you been up all night?

IMO, if the training is boring, the actual flying will be boring, because it's pretty much the same thing. If keeping the needles centered and thinking ahead is boring, then you're pretty much always going to be bored flying instruments, because that's what it consists of. One man's excitement is another's boredom,...

My definition of the Instrument Rating is; How to take the fun out of flying! :lol:

Sure, the first 20hrs were kind of fun (learning something new, lifting up the hood to find the runway right underneath me), but after that, it just became checklists and procedures,...and the most boring video game I've ever played! :P

One of the main reasons I didn't become an Airline Pilot!

If you have to do it, do it cheaply, then if you want to experience "real" IMC, rent the more expensive ship for an hour or two?

:D