iBal

clay

Have any of you guys used iBal for iphones, ipods, or ipads? This has to be one of the greatest apps I've found. The customer support is impressive as well. They didn't have the 119 Koala in it, I emailed Mike about it... its going in as we speak.

Not gettin anything out of this. just impressed and wonder who else has found this.

• Like 4

I too have been using it over a year now.

Well written app and very useful. I especially like the e-mail option for sending the W & B to whomever you want.

When I was giving rides, I would enter the weigts and then send it to my e-mail and office e-mail. That way there was always two copies to prove I did it. Very handy!

As a matter of fact, I wish they would write an iBal app or my Cessan 182P. There does not seem to be any app out there to equal the iBal's ease of use and completeness.

edspilot

Nola, I've told you before... it's never too late to join the dark side. We have cookies and tshirts.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an older post but does anyone know if the app will work correctly on the iphone 4? Any info is greatly appreciated. I don't want to upgrade my phone (Poor helicopter pilot you know). :)

I know this is an older post but does anyone know if the app will work correctly on the iphone 4? Any info is greatly appreciated. I don't want to upgrade my phone (Poor helicopter pilot you know). :)

That's the best part about apple, 99% of the time any newer version will do everything and more. I had a 4 worked great, now I have a 4s works the same. A guy I work with has a 5 works just fine.

I can vouch for the iphone 4. I got rid of that and went with th iPad mini. Works well there too! The mini, with foreflight makes a great kneeboard btw.

Thanks for all the info. The ipad mini does look like the way to go. I used a friends regular sized ipad with foreflight on a flight a few weeks ago. It was a bit too large for my taste in a helicopter (works good in fixed wing though).

Love the app myself too, it does have a learning curve but a little patience and you'll be taking advantage of it it's usefulness. Customer support is excellent too in getting modifications and specialized aircraft on the program with some patience for them to make updates to the app.

• 3 years later...

iBal recently changed hands, and the App Store wouldn't let the app move seamlessly from the original provider to AirSpayce, the new owner. The App Store required AirSpayce to "resell" iBal to all the users in order to provide ongoing support.

I've been in touch with AirSpayce asking for support for some of the 205 tank variants. They were very responsive and have promised to include my request with the next update. For me, iBal is worth the price, even twice!

iBal is fine and works. It's a bit quirky... But if you have an Aircraft that Gyronimo makes an app for then there is no reason why you shouldn't be using Gyronimo. The app he made for the EC-130 is perfection.

Just read this whole thread but I agree with HeliNomad and downloaded the Gyronimo app. It's awesome!! So intuitive and easy to use. Well worth the $$.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If Mike could price the app more reasonably it might make sense. I always used to use iBal prior to the software being sold a few years ago. Unfortunately the new owners of the app refused to honor my original purchase of it under the previous owners so I could not get it switched to my new iPad mini. They also jacked the price so high that I refused to purchase it again, I would suggest you try the Gyronimo app.