He has been converted.

clay

My link

This is the best I can do. ... cant get the photo to load. I hate you VR.

Clay, technology may not be your best attribute!

It is true I got to fly the E480B last month, and it sure made a believer out of me. What an awesome aircraft.

A pilot friend of mine, (also with some R66 and 480 time), and I, were debating which aircraft we would get. He was looking at it from a biz standpoint and chose the R66.(cheaper, less fuel burn, more seats) I was looking at it from a personal flying standpoint (very stable, less systems to worry about, very roomy) and chose the 480B.

Pros and cons to both.....but the R66 wins in the autorotation category. Nothing floats like a 66.

Maybe someone would like to buy me one of each and I can really get in and compare them?

Didn't think so...

What? Nothing floats like a 66? Well I can tell you the 480B beats the R44 ... And I'm pretty sure the 66 isn't that much different than the 44, is it?

BTW ... not theory. Owned a 44, Now have a 480B.

I can use a calendar to schedule my collective drop before rotor RPM drops. And it floats like a butterfly.

What? Nothing floats like a 66? Well I can tell you the 480B beats the R44 ... And I'm pretty sure the 66 isn't that much different than the 44, is it?

BTW ... not theory. Owned a 44, Now have a 480B.

I can use a calendar to schedule my collective drop before rotor RPM drops. And it floats like a butterfly.

Mile Hi- I owe you a phone call...

That said, I still think the R66 wins the auto contest. Nicer auto than a B206, nicer than the B47. Basically it has the same main rotor blade as the 206, but is 500 pounds lighter! The blade is huge compared to the R44.

Guess the only way to know for sure is a autorotation drag race. Where we count down to one and drop collective from 500 feet up! You take the right runway and I'll take the left.

Then we will know for sure!