Resume question

I am Getting ready to submit my resume to a few places, and had a few questions. The first thing is, these are helicopter jobs, but I am dual rated. So, would I list FW and RW combined under the total time, night time, and instrument times? Or would you break them down individually for each one? I have always been told to keep the resume to one page, and it seems like if I make categories for each, in both RW and FW, it'll be two pages. I also thought about combining them simply because I've heard some places will count night and instrument time combined, what do you guys know about that? Any advice is appreciated!

If you are low time rotorcraft (under 1000 hrs) and you are applying for a rotorcraft job, I would only mention the rotorwing in breakdowns... then in a "one liner" I would add your fixed wing rating with your fixed wing total time only. At the CFI stage of job applying fixed wing time only muddies the water... keep it as simple as possible.

• Like 1

For my helicopter resume, I use two columns for flight time. One helicopter and one airplane. I keep the airplane column fairly simple, but I do include actual instrument. Don't throw away anything that could help you get an interview. I have seen a few helicopter schools that like the CFII's to have some actual instrument time. There is a big difference between actual and simulated.

To add more usable space, look at a different sized font, making line spacing and open spaces smaller.

For my resume, I only had about 70 hrs of fixed wing. I added into my total time, but not into my breakdown of times. For aircraft breakdown, break down all helicopters you can fly, but I listed FW as just ASEL. Most employers don't care about your FW time.