SO EXCITED!

AW139

Get every book you can that is available to you on helicopters... Start studying early and set a pace that is comfortable and rewarding... Good Luck! RP

Get every book you can that is available to you on helicopters... Start studying early and set a pace that is comfortable and rewarding... Good Luck! RP

Will do! Just picked up the "Rotorcraft flying handbook" :)

And thanks!

If you want to get on well with Jerry, then I'd suggest:

- getting to know the advantages of the Enstrom rotor system (fully articulated, high inertia..) well enough to be able to talk about them at length;

- bone up on your aerodynamics far enough to be able to ask interesting questions, such as why the higher frequency noise generated by a helicopter is proportional to ((thrust * tip velocity)^2)/disc area - he loves this kind of thing;

- get yourself an Obama bumper sticker;

and, lastly adopt a strictly Islamic attitude towards the scourge of alcohol in today's society.

You'll get on like a house on fire.

--Dave

PS - and I can recommend a 'Meat is Murder' t-shirt (that was one of the seminal albums by The Smiths, if you're too young to remember them from their first time around) for a checkride with Ron G..

• Like 2

- getting to know the advantages of the Enstrom rotor system (fully articulated, high inertia..) well enough to be able to talk about them at length;

- bone up on your aerodynamics far enough to be able to ask interesting questions, such as why the higher frequency noise generated by a helicopter is proportional to ((thrust * tip velocity)^2)/disc area - he loves this kind of thing;

and, lastly adopt a strictly Islamic attitude towards the scourge of alcohol in today's society.

--Dave

PS - and I can recommend a 'Meat is Murder' t-shirt (that was one of the seminal albums by The Smiths, if you're too young to remember them from their first time around) for a checkride with Ron G..

Huh?

--Dave

Dave,

I appreciate the fact that you are trying to help me "get on well" with Mr. Trimble.

That being said, I plan on just being myself. This is a journey for me that is going to last a lifetime. I am just as humble in my entrance to this amazing field of highly knowledgeable individuals as I will be when I become a veteran myself.

I plan on learning as much as humanly possible about aviation. I love being in the sky, I love people, I love complex theories/machines, and of course...I have an enormous passion for helicopters. I am pursuing a lifestyle, a career, and long lasting bonds and friendships with the people I meet along the way.

Also, incase you are wondering: I don't drink, I am not into politics, I do not eat meat-because, well, its murder:). I have never heard of The Smiths...i'm more of an incubus/deftones kind of guy. \m/B)\m/

All the best,

Ali

• Like 3

See you around! It's a fun crew there. And ignore everything Dave said. He's got a slight case of the crazies :)

Holy crap, I hope so! If that is the description of how to make it into a career flying, then I am SCREWED! Sounded like a complete opposite description of who I am. I love to have a nice steak off the grill and wash it down with a cold one, as far as Obama goes... I will keep my comments to myself, Politics are too touchy, and I have sworn to follow the orders of my commander-in-chief (whether I like him or not). :lol:

No update mate?

Hey! Sorry, i've been swamped:)

JTH is amazing! Love everything about it! The helicopters are extremely well maintained, everyone here is so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable! I can't wait for my next lesson:))

• 9 months later...