Robinson R44 - Ultimate Pilot's Operating Handbook

Hi guys,

I just published a book that I've been working on for the last couple of months and wanted to introduce it here.

It is about the Robinson 44 (interestingly despite the fact, that the R44 is one of the most flown helicopters in the world this is the first book about it, as far as I can tell) and goes well beyond what the POH has to offer information-wise.

I worked really hard on gathering all the information there is about the R44 and then compress it into an easy to read and easy to understand form to share that information with pilots all over the world.

I also did my best to dramatically improve the image and illustrations quality, as compared to, for example, the POH.

I hope this will be a great help for pilots, as I know, that when I first flew the R44 there were many things I would have liked to know but could not find in an understandable way, or at all, anywhere.

If you get one in your hands, please let me know what you think about it.

Thanks

Bastian

for more info you can see the homepage about the book:

http://www.bajalipublishing.com/home/

Or the Amazon product page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0983696209/sr=8-1/qid=1308362106/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1308362106&sr=8-1&seller=

below is the blurb about it

The Ultimate Pilot’s Operating Handbook – Robinson R44 by Bastian Liebermann

This book expands the information the factory provided pilot’s operating handbook (POH) gives and provides valuable information for pilots flying or going to fly the Robinson R-44.

Whether you are a student pilot getting to know the R-44 or an experienced pilot reviewing content for recency or biannual check-rides this Handbook will provide the information you need.

It features and explains the main content of the POH giving a more detailed and in-depth description about the Systems, the Performance and the Limitations of the Robinson R-44 helicopter.

Be able to do a more thorough, knowledgeable Pre-Flight inspection and get a better understanding about the R-44’s features by reading the enhanced System descriptions. For the pilot to get a more thorough safety understanding the Robinson Awareness Training is included, as well as a special emphasis on the Performance and Loading Limits of this specific helicopter.

This book covers all models of the R-44 series. Regarding a significant difference between these models the principles and limitations of the carburetor, as well as the fuel injection are explained in an easy to understand manner. Also provided in this Handbook are conversion tables for multiple units.

• Like 2

-and I helped! :P lol Seriously though this is a really good book I've read it and highly recommend it to anyone flying or interested in the R44. Great Job Bastian! Send me a text later! B)

Edited by turbotay

Looking forward to having a read through it.

recency or biannual check-rides

A better term would be recurrency and it's Biennial not biannual. Biannual meaning twice per year.

• Like 2

Awesome, I just purchased a copy!

Looking forward to having a read through it.

A better term would be recurrency and it's Biennial not biannual. Biannual meaning twice per year.

Tell me how you like it, when you got it :)

Good point with Biennial, I must have missed that during the proofreading. Will be material for a revision!

I just ordered two copies.

Great to hear that :) I hope you'll find interesting info in it!

What a great idea, just sorry I didnt think of doing it!

I'll be buying a copy.

Goldy

Hehe, I actually have been worried by this forever - it just never occurred to me why nobody would write this. So I found some time earlier this year and decided to just do it myself then!

Ordered from Amazon!

Thanks, Basti!

You are very welcome Mike!

Hey Bud,

good work, will order a few asap.. can't wait to see more of your great work..

aloha,

dp

Thanks Man,

I was wanting to contact you earlier but the book consumed a good amount of my time..

I'll do it within the next days for sure though!

That is good, as I am planning to have this become a series of books! :)

Bastian

I received your book today, haven't had a chance to read it though. I did skim through it and it seems really good! Pretty much combines the POH's of all the R44 models and describes the differences and limitations between each. Goes in depth about the system descriptions and includes pictures. Explains how to do W&B. Only thing it does not include is pop-out pictures! lol Seriously though, great job and I'll be recommending this to all of my students!

To all, I received the book from Amazon and gave it a quick read. I think it is well done and very informative. I recommend it to those interested in flying an R44 in addition to R44 Factory Course or Flight training at your local school.

Good job, Bastian.

We met in the FAASTeam Workshop in Portland. I sent you an e-mail via your web site.

Mike

To all, I received the book from Amazon and gave it a quick read. I think it is well done and very informative. I recommend it to those interested in flying an R44 in addition to R44 Factory Course or Flight training at your local school.

Good job, Bastian.

We met in the FAASTeam Workshop in Portland. I sent you an e-mail via your web site.

Mike

Thanks Mike :)

I did receive your email. I will respond as soon as possible, since I will be traveling today, it might not be until tomorrow, though.

Best Regards,

Bastian