robinson

500E

Interesting, although I'd be interested to see how all the costs of the AD's added on to operating costs compared to a comparable aircraft.

They have been talking about this now for 15 months. It's a great article though, explains things really well. I wouldnt be buying an Astro anytime soon unless it has the factory hydraulics and all the upgrades. Cool part of it is your Raven 1 gets a nice increase when you upgrade to the Raven II blades. Makes autos even easier!

Blade tape on the tips makes a huge difference and helps to eliminate a lot of the issues in an abrasive environment!

Robinson's published operating costs are indeed way low if present SB's are complied with, even worse if MRB replacement is mandated.

What makes the new alumiminum -7 R44 blades any safer than the previous design? R22's have already gone from aluminum to stainless and back to aluminum again! Maybe they should try carbon fiber next.

I sold my Raven II last month as a result of this mess. After two R44's, I don't plan on owning another Robinson product. It would be nice to see them stop testing unproven MRB designs on customers.