July Rotorcraft Pro

Goldy

I thought I would share this link so you can all read this months Rotorcraft Pro a few days early. I especially enjoyed the article on the LASD air unit. Can't imagine why.....

http://www.yudu.com/item/details/363073/Rotorcraft-Professional-Vol4Issue6

Goldy-

Nice writeup (as usual). It's gonna seem a little strange looking at Pumas, tho...not a common ship. I'm also curious about the down selection process & details - I knew the individuals & criteria that drove what would become the H3 & wonder if that was used as a refined template. Or did EC really make a a huge score? Prolly a lot of both, I suspect.

Still, nothing was quite as impressive as the original round motor '58s with a perfectly mixed 4 foot flame exiting the exhaust at night.

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

Still, nothing was quite as impressive as the original round motor '58s with a perfectly mixed 4 foot flame exiting the exhaust at night.

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

I'm with you on that one! In the mid 1980's, right at dusk, when they fired up that old rotary engine...ahh...nothing like it. Flames and that great, just starting up rotary sound! Like 100 Harleys all firing up at the same time!

They would pick up the ship and drop it down into a canyon to get thru ETL and then pop up...thems were the days...speaking of which, I ran into a ESD veteran the other night..