Guest Maximinious

If you are trying to stay level, you will get to about 60 degrees (2 g) and you will not have enough power to hold height and speed. You will slow to about 60 kt in a steady level 2g turn.

You are unlikely to get into retreating blade stall unless you really hook into the turn and pull some back stick and fly like a total idiot.

• Like 1

Retreating blade stall is of little concern in the R22. As stated in the above post, trying to maintain level flight at high bank angles leads to the power required soon exceeding power available. Most often followed by a decrease in airspeed and a loss of altitude.

Frank Robinson on the issue:

[media]http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o95/ichris7/?action=view¤t=RetreatingBladeStall.mp4'>[/media]

I am trying to get some information on retreating blade stall. Lets say I was operating at sea level with 1370lbs in an R22. How many degrees of bank can roll if I am at a speed of say 90kias before I get retreating blade stall. I can't seem to find any information on bank limitations for the r22.

Retreating blade stall is of little concern in the R22. As stated in the above post, trying to maintain level flight at high bank angles leads to the power required soon exceeding power available. Most often followed by a decrease in airspeed and a loss of altitude.

Frank Robinson on the issue:

[media]http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o95/ichris7/?action=view¤t=RetreatingBladeStall.mp4

Edited by iChris

I can seem to find any information on bank limitations for the r22.

Thats because there isnt any bank limitation on an R22. I can tell you at 80 knots, you can roll it 80 plus degrees, but I wouldnt just go try it for fun.