R44 down?

Here is the FAA report.

http://www.faa.gov/d...ia/P_0725_N.txt

I heard that it was heli ops flying it, any truth to that?

*edit*

sorry I double posted the report I was on my phone and didn't notice cleatus's post

Edited by beckwith
  • Like 2

The 44 was operated by a solo pilot not related to or employed by CHO. Beckwith you may want to let your source(s) become aware of this information. Nobody was hurt, and that is what really matters. I do not have details on the cause of this accident.

• Like 2

The 44 was operated by a solo pilot not related to or employed by CHO. Beckwith you may want to let your source(s) become aware of this information. Nobody was hurt, and that is what really matters. I do not have details on the cause of this accident.

Easy killer. The tone of your post and the negative mark on Beckwith's post leads me to believe you mis-read what he wrote.

"I heard that it was heli ops flying it, any truth to that?"

Sounds more like a question for clarification, not an acusation IMHO.

Anyway, glad to hear no one was seriously hurt in this unfortunate accident.

• Like 2

On the go, an unlatched door opened startling the solo owner/pilot, leading to a momentary loss of control, a hard touchdown, tail rotor strike, and spread skids. Unfortunate event but, thankfully, no injuries. Let insurance deal with the rest...

Edited by 280fxColorado
  • Like 1

Very subtle Beckwith. Somewhere, you have a dog in this fight. Somewhere.

I don't think I've been subtle at all.

A helicopter went down at the airport I fly out of and there was little to no information about it available. Then since I fly out at Rotors and am known to I received several PM's. Some of the PM's I received made accusations that the helicopter was being flown by CHO at the time. Some of the PM's went so far as to suggest that the lack of info available was in some way conspiratorial. I have never tried to conceal my identity or my intent on these boards I have always attempted to be honest and consistent. For the sake of accurate information I asked questions and gave people the opportunity to dispel rumors or at least refute them.

I am glad that nobody was hurt. I am glad that CHO was not involved. It is true that I am a student at another school and I believe it true that there is little love lost between the owners of the two schools but I have nothing personal or professional against the staff or students at CHO. I certainly am not hoping for them to crash helicopters! As a student of a school that is constantly and I believe groundlessly attacked, derided, and insulted on these boards, I am often a reluctant participant to to a fight that for all intents and purposes exists here and only here as kind internet forum game. my instructors are friends with Heli-Ops instructors. Every interaction I have had with Heli-Ops staff and students has been friendly and professional. I think they are a good school and having more good schools in the area can only be good for me the student.

Your accusation is as groundless and insulting as it is vague and irresponsible. but I'll try to refrain from the childish use of the "rating system."

• Like 7

Easy killer. The tone of your post and the negative mark on Beckwith's post leads me to believe you mis-read what he wrote.

"I heard that it was heli ops flying it, any truth to that?"

Sounds more like a question for clarification, not an acusation IMHO.

Anyway, glad to hear no one was seriously hurt in this unfortunate accident.

Not trying to be a dick, just making sure beckwith is on the same page. Not my negative mark on his post though.

• Like 2

Not trying to be a dick, just making sure beckwith is on the same page. Not my negative mark on his post though.

I guess I was the one misreading your post Dodo, sorry.

There seems to be a disgruntled troll that really likes the red button lately, glad you clarified that it isn't you.

Fly safe

• Like 2