Heli-Success - how to prepare?

Thanks butters, not exactly what I was hoping to hear, but at least I know now that my expense is double. :(

You could rent a suit!! :P

Haven't registered yet but I'm starting to assume that I will be there.

Question for everyone. I am also double majoring in Aviation Business and Public Health. Would this help to learn about jobs in the industry that have to do with, dare i say, sitting behind a desk?

You could rent a suit!! :P

Haven't registered yet but I'm starting to assume that I will be there.

Question for everyone. I am also double majoring in Aviation Business and Public Health. Would this help to learn about jobs in the industry that have to do with, dare i say, sitting behind a desk?

I will be there, suit on. :D

Goldy, I am talking about the FAASTeam seminar connected with HeliSuccess. The Safety Seminar is on Sat. the 5th from 1500-1800 followed by a social hour. You've got to go! I did one last year as well.

JD

Count me in....do I need to sign up via the FAAST website?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning on attending. I'm also getting some other students from the flight school I attend, so far it's looking like about 8 of us. But official word hasn't been spread yet (at the school).

I noticed it said something about maintenance workers too. I am a former 60 mechanic and my husband works on 65's in the CG. He's retiring soon. How beneficial would this be for him to attend?

The best advice I can offer is... Prepare to Get Social at Heli-Success -

It's not what you know, it's who you know. "If you don't have job experience, network, network, network. Ivy League schools are coveted for their networking potential, not the piece of paper they hand out."

• 2 weeks later...

VR pin Bonus.

How about all of you new pilots with a VR pin sitting with me over coffee or a beer and having an informal mini-C &E Seminar?

Post if this is something you are interested in!

Warning!!!!!! DP says I have fire hose mouth!

Mike

• Like 1

VR pin Bonus.

How about all of you new pilots with a VR pin sitting with me over coffee or a beer and having an informal mini-C &E Seminar?

Mike

I would be interested, Not that I could contribute much but I will take any wisdom I can gain from experienced or should I say "the old" guys.

I will be ordering my pin on or after the 1st, so I will be qualified in that aspect. :D

• Like 1

VR pin Bonus.

Mike

:-) what i said is your lectures are like drinking from a fire hose.. one has to pay attention all of the time. good stuff tho.. (now that i think about it Lyn said the same thing!!!) lol

how 'bout we do this, i prefer beer but coffee is ok, and i buy.

dp

• Like 1

how 'bout we do this, i prefer beer but coffee is ok, and i buy.

dp

dp- I prefer beer and I prefer that you buy as well! How bout the rest of you?

dp- I prefer beer and I prefer that you buy as well! How bout the rest of you?

I will go on record as being pro-free beer. :D

I would love to attend but like the other newbies I'll be more of a fly on the wall absorbing knowledge without anything to contribute. Unless you guys want to talk about how to configure enterprise email systems. What? No takers? *chirp* *chirp*

iam more the hot-chocolate guy. But since I don't drink beer I won't be able to socialize with you guys and because of that I shouldn't come down at all.... ;)

Doesn't have to be beer. I'll buy you a jumbo margarita instead! :lol: