Holiday/Weekend Pass

I'm hopeful to attend IERW sometime next year, but have a question about the policy for students. Are pilot trainees restricted to the local area during weekends/holidays unless you take leave? I ask because I have a girlfriend in Savannah, GA (about a 6 hour drive I think) that I'd like to visit if possible. What distance is considered the local area?

I'm hopeful to attend IERW sometime next year, but have a question about the policy for students. Are pilot trainees restricted to the local area during weekends/holidays unless you take leave? I ask because I have a girlfriend in Savannah, GA (about a 6 hour drive I think) that I'd like to visit if possible. What distance is considered the local area?

Shouldn't be a problem - everyone takes road trips, just have to submit the paperwork.

They wont let you go that far on a regular weekend. If it still works the same way it did a couple years ago, you will have opportunities to earn 4 day passes by volunteering for details. 4 day passes allow you to travel much further than regular weekend passes.

They wont let you go that far on a regular weekend. If it still works the same way it did a couple years ago, you will have opportunities to earn 4 day passes by volunteering for details. 4 day passes allow you to travel much further than regular weekend passes.

I assume for a holiday weekend, everyone gets a 3 or 4 day pass. These other 4 day passes that are granted for volunteering for details are in addition to that? With the training schedule, how often could I expect to get a 4 day pass that would allow me to make the drive to Savannah?

No way! Haha "yeah I'm headed next door to my neighbors house for the night, here's my TRIPS for both the way there and the way back, my DA 31, and my memo. I have my Drive Me Home card in my wallet, here's my signed counseling form for drinking and driving, and just in case I have included a strip map for my evacuation route in the event of a natural disaster."

Edited by SBuzzkill
  • Like 2

No way! Haha "yeah I'm headed next door to my neighbors house for the night, here's my TRIPS for both the way there and the way back, my DA 31, and my memo. I have my Drive Me Home card in my wallet, here's my signed counseling form for drinking and driving, and just in case I have included a strip map for my evacuation route in the event of a natural disaster."

But what if they deny it? :o

• Like 1

Did you provide your record of emergency data, and up to date will? :D