Brand spankin new double-eye

It's been quite a while since I've been on here. Just thought I'd share that I passed my CFII checkride yesterday. I started my training in '09 with my airplane private and A&P. Since then I've recieved my CFII-helicopter, IGI, and AGI, as well as 40 hrs of longline and mountain flying in the 206. Rockin right along and getting some actual IMC time by finishing my stuck-wing ratings. The learning never ends.

• Like 5

It's been quite a while since I've been on here. Just thought I'd share that I passed my CFII checkride yesterday. I started my training in '09 with my airplane private and A&P. Since then I've recieved my CFII-helicopter, IGI, and AGI, as well as 40 hrs of longline and mountain flying in the 206. Rockin right along and getting some actual IMC time by finishing my stuck-wing ratings. The learning never ends.

Congrats Crashed, do you have enough space on your wall for all them certs? :)

Congrats on the ratings. Where/how did you get the 40 hours of long line? I'm always curious how folks are getting these early long line hours since it seems like so many operators want prior long line experience.

The 40 hours are divided up into two turbine courses I took through Leading Edge Aviation. I had 20 hours in the longline course, then 20 for a mountain flying course.

I was fortunate enough to have the VA on my side, so I took advantage of it by taking those two courses.

The 40 hours are divided up into two turbine courses I took through Leading Edge Aviation. I had 20 hours in the longline course, then 20 for a mountain flying course.

I was fortunate enough to have the VA on my side, so I took advantage of it by taking those two courses.

What school are you using your GI bill through?

Leading Edge Aviation, Inc....as indicated above. The college is Central Oregon Community College.

HAHA, wow I look brilliant now huh, I re-read the post and sure enough it is right there.

We have Leading Edge here, but it is a Fixed wing school.