Recognizing VR Members at events

VR Member ID  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a VR pin to wear at events and expos?

At the Mike Franz seminar last night, I knew there would be some members from VR there. However, there was no way to know which was which. For instance, I don't look like an actual "whiteshadow", so you have to resort to asking, "are you so and so?". I don't mind asking people or introducing myself to see who I am talking to. But I think it would be a neat idea to have some sort of identifier so that we know when we are amongst VR friends. I think it would make networking easier, less awkward and more efficient.

We don't need a huge gold chain with a giant emblem hanging from our necks or anything like that..............maybe just a simple lapel pin that tells everyone that we are members of VR.

That's it in a nutshell. If you took the time to read this post, at least also take the time to make a selection! Thanks!

Whiteshadow

• Like 1

Great idea, since I have never attended one of these events, I was wondering how it worked. I am going to Heli-success and have been wondering if people wore some sort of name tag or something. I think it would be a good thing since most VR folks don't post thier real name or personal photos.

• Like 1

So far so good Gary-Mike! 2 for 2 vote yes, 100% Haha. Hope some more votes come in! Let's go people!

Make that 3 votes, on a roll now!

Edited by Whiteshadow

I'm all in!

Maybe this...

baby teeth.jpg

or these...

braces.gif

Have an option for gold or diamond plated versions for the VIP'ers (yikes, snakes)and NOLA Pilots here?

I'd be really happy with a small lapel pin that's a little more innocuous and really only known to the others here who know "the secret" handshake, so to say.

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

• Like 2

Good comments and participation so far. I was thinking just the VR logo in silver metal.

• Like 2

That is a great idea about the pin.

This would have been helpful for me at this year's heliexpo. I did get to meet with DP, but only because I knew in which booth to find him.

Is anyone here into pin manufacturing, or has connection to pin manufacturing.

I sure will buy one :-)

• Like 1

We've talked about this before, usually just before a HeliExpo when we are trying to all meet up. Great idea with the pin. Go get a bunch made up, sell them for $1 buck, keep the extra for your trouble. Plus postage of course which is another buck or so.

I would buy one right now.

For those students living on mac and cheese (Kraft, my fav..what a deal!) you could just print a VR label logo off the website and stick it to your name badge. Then when you see Lyn walking around, just hand him the buck.

Goldy

• Like 1

I think just a Crome letters "VR" without being on a button would be nice. I know it would be tougher to find someone to make it, and cost more but it would be more classy (especially in a business suit).

• Like 2

Awsome DP.

I'm sure that even just sraping by, most could afford a little pin or something. I'm in, as long as we leaveout the diamonds and platinum. Another thought is set the price right to were VIP members get one free and those of us that have yet to contribute to the site cover the cost when buying ours (yes me included, I will one day get my VIP though)

Edited by gary-mike

The VIP thing would be an interesting Idea, however there is a big difference between a bunch of guy making the logo from a site they visit, and the site making their own logo and selling it.

Good point

I vote for a "lapel pin" about the size of no bigger than a quarter. Actually the size of a nickle would be best. This would still be noticeable and not too over-bearing.

Remember, many might want to wear it dressed up, if it is too big it might look out of place.

Just a thought.

edspilot

• Like 1

I vote for a "lapel pin" about the size of no bigger than a quarter. Actually the size of a nickle would be best. This would still be noticeable and not too over-bearing.

Remember, many might want to wear it dressed up, if it is too big it might look out of place.

Just a thought.

edspilot

Exactly what we were thinking, nickle size, maybe even a tie tac.

dp

dp:

I know you did not have to wear a coat & tie for 20+ years in Hawaii but things have changed.

Since that time we (here on the mainland) have gone right through the tie-tac phase and onto NOTHING on the tie. This according to my three (3) twenty-something daughters.

So, if we decide on a tie-tac, I'll by wearing mine on the lapel.

Nothing personal...... ;)

edspilot

dp:

I know you did not have to wear a coat & tie for 20+ years in Hawaii but things have changed.

Since that time we (here on the mainland) have gone right through the tie-tac phase and onto NOTHING on the tie. This according to my three (3) twenty-something daughters.

So, if we decide on a tie-tac, I'll by wearing mine on the lapel.

Nothing personal...... ;)

edspilot

Well, I'm 22 and I just had to google what a "tie-tac" is..... Sometimes I feel like my generation fails at everything formal hahahaha...

• Like 1

I think everyone is on the same page here, relatively. I really believe that if there was a small, classy metal lapel pin available at these events, or to order online, people would buy them. Thanks to everyone for their input, and to DP for getting the ball rolling on getting them made!