Recognizing VR Members at events

VR Member ID  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a VR pin to wear at events and expos?

Hi All,

I think it's a fun idea. Since I have done promotional pins in the past for Justhelicopters.com and a couple conventions a few years ago, I am somewhat aware of the costs. I did a little research on the price of pins these days, and looked at many sites, here is one and it's about the cheapest I found.

http://www.customizedmemories.com/custompinstendays.html

Bottom line is, you cannot buy less than 100 pins from the pin makers. The cheapest 2 color pin is $2.17 each. We could have a small rectangle pin 1/2" x 3/4" with rounded edges and use this logo:

VRLogo_Gold.jpg

VRLogo_Xsmall.jpg

I do not mind footing the $217 bill to make the initial pin purchase. My main concern is the labor to stuff em in an envelope and mail them to each person.....no time for that.

Here is what I propose we do:

1. I make the initial purchase of 100 pins.

2. I will have them shipped to Dennis Pierce at Colorado HeliOps.

3. I will post specific instructions here in a new thread on how to get one.

3. Any person who wants a pin will make a $10.00 donation + their mailing address through my paypal account.

4. I will forward your name and address to Dennis and he will mail the pin to you.

5. I will donate 100% of the money (including my initial $217) generated from the pins toward the scholarship money that we give away each year at this years HeliSuccess in November.

6. I will start a "thank you" thread where we can post the ScreenNames of the Donors who contributed to the VR scholarship fund for advanced helicopter training.

Whatta ya think?

• Like 2

Lyn-

Maybe consider having a VR scholarship for VR members from VR members...like to one of the courses at HeliExpo. Maybe Flying in the Wire Environment or another Pilot course. Just a thought.

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

Lyn:

Sounds like a fair deal to me.

I am sure you have already got the blessing from dp, otherwise, he may not be speaking to you for a while? :unsure:

:lol:

Thanks for the offer to get it started!

dp, let me know if I can help you with anything on this?

My best,

edspilot

This all sounds great to me too! I'll offer a hand to DP as well, since I guess I kind of started this mess! I am fairly close to you, so if you need a hand I am ready, willing and able to help!

Whiteshadow

Lyn:

Sounds like a fair deal to me.

I am sure you have already got the blessing from dp, otherwise, he may not be speaking to you for a while? :unsure:

Here is the funny thing.....at least to me anyways :P ....Although I know he wants this pin thing to happen, I never even checked with DP to see if he would do it.

A. He cannot deny me.

B. Better to ask forgiveness than beg permission.

C. I will buy him beer in Vegas and all will be forgiven.

I am quite surprised that he has not called me yet with a "WTF?" Shouldn't be long now.

• Like 3

You guys are funny!! Here is the question, why does everybody always pick on me?? :lol:

You know i'm in.. and will do what i can. Love the scholarship ideas.

Beer sounds fair, but i'm thinking one in Vegas and at least one at Vail/Beaver Creek this year too!!

good stuff folks..

dp

• Like 1

You guys are funny!! Here is the question, why does everybody always pick on me?? :lol:

You know i'm in.. and will do what i can. Love the scholarship ideas.

Beer sounds fair, but i'm thinking one in Vegas and at least one at Vail/Beaver Creek this year too!!

good stuff folks..

dp

Good to hear you're in DP, like whiteshadow I am willing and able to send some mail... Disapiontingly there seems to be only 20 something interested! So it shouldn't be too much work.

Yes I will pay $10 to be recognized as part of this great group.

Yes I would be willing to accept the scholorship.

No I am not eligable, but will still do it.

Edited by gary-mike

I was looking at the response and thinking about the potential scholarships (Lyn and i were talking about this subject a few days ago).. I think this is a great idea and recommend you set a minimum donation of $10 and allow us to pick our amounts. I will pledge $100 for my pin.

dp

• Like 3

I will sponsor a VR pin for anyone that is a VR member and has attended one of my C&E Seminars to date!

Apply through DP and I will pay Lyn for you.

Mike

• Like 1

DP:

I will match your $100.00 to help the scholarship fund.

Lyn: let us know when the paypal is ready to receive, do not worry about having the pins ready, let's get the money flowing for some free scholarships for Novenber.

I am all for helping these youngters. DP, you and I can call them youngters, right?? No, I am not picking on you, I am picking on "us." :lol:

edspilot

• Like 3

White background for students, yellow background for private pilots, orange background for commercial pilots...well, you get the idea.

I also like the diamond encrusted idea! You get one diamond chip for every 500 posts on the forums.

Don't forget challenge coins too. Pens, hats, coffee mugs, t-shirts, etc. An online store could be added to the home page.

Nahhh. But I would buy a pin for a buck!

• Like 2

I also like the diamond encrusted idea! You get one diamond chip for every 500 posts on the forums.

Hey that gives me like, 80 diamonds! I can finally retire!

DP- nice challenge, I'm in for $100. How about a list on VR (once everyone pays up) with the list of $100 donors, business names and VR names...

Goldy

• Like 1

I was looking at the response and thinking about the potential scholarships (Lyn and i were talking about this subject a few days ago).. I think this is a great idea and recommend you set a minimum donation of $10 and allow us to pick our amounts. I will pledge $100 for my pin.

dp

Nice idea about the scholarship fund. Put me down for $100 too.

• Like 1