14 days on gigs

Darren Hughes

Ok so after doing some searching looking for jobs other than the GOM that allow a 14 days on / 14 days off schedule I've come up with zip! I'm looking for a change, and would like to end up in a job that allows me to travel during my time off. So 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off seems like a good way to do that. I'm also not opposed to longer hitches like 4 weeks or 6 weeks.

So if you guys have any suggestions about the different jobs in our industry that allow those sort of schedules, I'd much appreciate your replies. I'm not opposed to working in the GOM, in fact I think I'd like it, I just want to explore all options.

There are some other 14/14 jobs, but very few that offer accommodations for you while you're on hitch. That's the rub. Overseas jobs are typically on a longer rotation, but have higher requirements than the GOM. Some of the GOM operators have international divisions within that you might inquire into. Some of those require you to live on location, too, irrespective of your work obligations.