Crash of a P.J. Helicopter in SoCal?

RagMan

Got word from my brother that he heard of a ship from P.J. Helicopters, based out of Northern California, that went down in SoCal Thursday or Friday. Does anyone have any info on this? Not sure if it was a crash or a hard landing. Any info in appreciated.

- Ragman

I havent heard anything down here.....

DP got me some info about it; Engine failure with one of their hueys low to the ground which ended up as a hard landing with no injuries.

Yeah, DP was up fying with them a week or so ago....I figured he might know something. Glad it was a big nothing...

• 1 month later...

DP got me some info about it; Engine failure with one of their hueys low to the ground which ended up as a hard landing with no injuries.

So this must be the second one down (MD500):

PJ Helicopter pilot survives helicopter crash southwest of Colusa, Last week Oct. 28

http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/brief.aspx?ev_id=20111027X02557&key=1

Edited by iChris

Yeah, I just was reading the article on that one yesterday. Very odd for them to be having accidents. They have always maintained very top notch aircraft in regards to maintenance. I sent a call into one of my buddies who flies for them in order to find out what happened, but I think he's been flying a job down in central Cali so he hasn't been able to get back to me.

Edited by RagMan