Can anyone talk to me about their experience at Helicopter Academy?

Hey Falko...if read the topic, it state's "CAN ANYONE TALK TO ME ABOUT THERE EXPERIENCE WITH THE HELICOPTER ACADEMY" GEEZ, there buddy not rocket science....sorry your luck and no it's not all my life I race motorcycles too, and actually I believe Flying the R22 Mariner is alot of fun a definitely a GREAT first job...travel, low level flying....great boating events...HMM sound shitty HUH???? LMAO!!! btw...that book idea sounds grrrreat....j/k lol!!!

Fly Safe,

Dustin

Been a rider my whole life...raced MX nationwide,Pikes Peak, Salt flats, Oregon Dunes and Pismo!!! Recently just sold my sportbike raceshop to fly.....

sorry your luck and no it's not all my life I race motorcycles too

mhhh, how do you ride your bike if you sold it ?

• Like 3

Dustin, you are in a professional business now. Start acting like a professional individual, and more importantly a professional pilot. Enough with the caps lock usage, enough with the "LOL" everywhere. It really makes you look bad, not just at an individual level, but as someone who apparently advertises and flies with BoatPix. Though it's not really a job if you are the one paying for the flight time, and certainly if you aren't even employed by BoatPix. If you aren't getting paid for it, it's not a job. You can't turn around and say you are getting paid with flight time, because you already paid for that. There's no special training you are receiving for flying around and taking pictures of boat... Its just flat out flight time. It's almost a waste of time and money to fly in circles rather than be off learning technique and skill. To consider it a "job" would just be ridiculous.

Now whether you actually are a separate individual to this BoatPix/Helicopter Academy, or are just another username Tom created to try and sell his business, regardless, you make a poor image of yourself and BoatPix, and hopefully I never have to share the same cockpit with you.

Edited by RagMan
  • Like 6

Alrighty then...so I supposed all the badgering you guys are doing is "professional" and the Sh*t talking too is OK? Just curious, but I do agree with you on the step it up a bit and be a little more professional...Im still young but take all the negativity kinda personal, since I have invested a lot of money and actually love what I'm doing...of which is not flying circles...and also the Helicopter Academy gave me the opportunity to fly Boatpix...I was only answering this kids question, and out comes the Lions...get my point of view??? I am also just playing along with the crowd, but I do agree with ya...I sound immature...fair enough...and sorry!!!

Dustin

• Like 1

So Dustin, in your training so far, have been doing advanced autorotations such as constant attitude, max/min range, zero speed? How about downwind patterns and approaches? Downwind quickstops and regular quickstops? How about full downs? I hope all of this will be covered before you get to commercial instead of just flying around after boats. You see this is the stuff you will need to know when/if you advance on to a professional career as a helicopter pilot. Anyone can fly low and circle around boats, and yes, that is pretty much what you do, so don't talk it up.

As long as you learn to really fly the machine and the techniques that will help you have a long and safe career, then its not too bad.

The negativity towards you is understandable due to the way you are presenting yourself. Most people already think the Boatpix ads Tom do are a pain in the ass and now you are adding to it. If you want to start a blog about Boatprix then do it but please stop clogging up every thread with the BS.

Edited by Trans Lift
  • Like 5

The negativity towards you isn understandable due to the way you are presenting yourself. Most people already think the Boatpix ads Tom do are a pain in the ass and now you are adding to it. If you want to start a blog about Boatprix than do it but please stop clogging up every thread with the BS.

Amen to that, it has sucked the last few days sifting through BS to read mature posts from professionals.

Great job advertising Dustin, you have flooded this forum with so much Boatprix crap that I would rather never see or hear their name again. Let alone fly with them... And people say the military brain washes people. If that is thier intent they need to send thier drill instructors over to Tom for some training.

• Like 4

I personally consider this forum to be part job interview because of its networking potential. If I'm right about that and dustin is an actual aspiring commercial pilot this could well come back to bite him. Never a good idea to burn bridges. But were about as guilty as he is for "feeding the troll"

• Like 1

So Dustin, in your training so far, have been doing advanced autorotations such as constant attitude, max/min range, zero speed? How about downwind patterns and approaches? Downwind quickstops and regular quikstops? How about full downs?.....and yes I have!!! THANK YOU MY INSTRUCTOR BARNABAS OF WHOM HAD 1300 HOURS TAUGHT ME ALL PLUS A LOT MORE TECHNICAL MANEUVERS, I DON'T HAVE TO JUSTIFY MYSELF YOU "GUYS"...WOULD LOVE TO REPLACE THAT WORD, BUT I WILL BE POLITE!!!

• Like 1

In the past (2) months I have done the following: Take-off/Landings, Straight and level, acceleration/deceleration climbs and decents, use of compass, hoovering, hoovering pedal turns, normal...shallow, steep approaches, S-turns at 70 and then 80 knots, low level operations, quick stops, go arounds, high/low recon, orbiting, governor off, settling w/ power, side hoovering, traffic patterns, steep turns, cross country and etc...the list or should I say pilot handbook goes on and on, just the past couple months and you guys want to talk negative about the Helicopter Academy training!!!

In the past (2) months I have done the following: Take-off/Landings, Straight and level, acceleration/deceleration climbs and decents, use of compass, hoovering, hoovering pedal turns, normal...shallow, steep approaches, S-turns at 70 and then 80 knots, low level operations, quick stops, go arounds, high/low recon, orbiting, governor off, settling w/ power, side hoovering, traffic patterns, steep turns, cross country and etc...the list or should I say pilot handbook goes on and on, just the past couple months and you guys want to talk negative about the Helicopter Academy training!!!

Not starting any crap, but I was just wondering what it is that you do at Boatpix now, training or commercial ops?

• Like 1

Not starting any crap, but I was just wondering what it is that you do at Boatpix now, training or commercial ops?

It seems to depend on the thread. If its a boatpix thread he's flying commercial operations. If it's a training thread hes doing the basic flight maneuvers. Guess you have to learn how to fly circles around boats before you can learn straight and level.

• Like 1

...advanced autorotations such as constant attitude, max/min range, zero speed? How about downwind patterns and approaches? Downwind quickstops and regular quickstops?...

What exactly does a "contant attitude" auto entail? I've done the others, but have never heard of that one?

:huh:

So Dustin, in your training so far, have been doing advanced autorotations such as constant attitude, max/min range, zero speed? How about downwind patterns and approaches? Downwind quickstops and regular quikstops? How about full downs?.....and yes I have!!! THANK YOU MY INSTRUCTOR BARNABAS OF WHOM HAD 1300 HOURS TAUGHT ME ALL PLUS A LOT MORE TECHNICAL MANEUVERS, I DON'T HAVE TO JUSTIFY MYSELF YOU "GUYS"...WOULD LOVE TO REPLACE THAT WORD, BUT I WILL BE POLITE!!!

Very, very few schools teach downwind maneuvers. No surprise as the FAA doesn't recognize them. Also, very few schools teach touch downs before CFI. I don't know of many more technical maneuvers that those, but I'd like to know what they are.

Wow...very nice video and "no" I can't do those yet or haven't even tried looks fun though, talking about the "Constant Attitude Auto"!!! When do you get to learn those and who teaches how do that as well as other advanced maneuvers?

-Dustin

Your local JAA flight training academy. It's all part of their training syllabus. I've done them in most of the helicopters I've flown. Even in the Level D AW139 sim. I'd say they are easier than the traditional autorotation, but there can be some run on you have to accept.