Which of these Schools Should I Attend?

Despam

Hello everyone, I am new here. My name is Essien. I want to get trained early next year - around March 2012 to be precise.I wanted to go through the FW route but discovered I will still end up paying the same amount as going for RW from start. So been researching FW schools all this while. I am an international student so I can't visit any school.

I have researched RW schools as well. I have a shortlist of 4. Which of these schools will you recommend I attend and why? In order of preference:

1. Civic Helicopters

2. Quantum Helicopters

3. Palm Beach Helicopters

4. Group 3 Aviation

Please if there is any other good school you feel I should look at, let me know.

Thank you in advance.

I chose Mountain Ridge Helicopters,

I liked their location, staff, opportunties and aircraft.

Its good that you are looking at different schools, find the one that best fits you!

-Brett

Just wondering why you picked these 4 schools?

I have a few more to add that offer M-1 visa help.

Guidance Helicopters

Leading edge Aviation

Mauna loa Helicopters

Northeaster Helicopters

Cloud 9 Helicopters

I am sure there are many more. (There are tons of helicopter schools in the US.) Some say M-1 and F-1 Visa, I'm not up to speed on the difference or your requirements though.

Good luck, and once you get here, welcome to the best country in the world.

Just wondering why you picked these 4 schools?

I have a few more to add that offer M-1 visa help.

Guidance Helicopters

Leading edge Aviation

Mauna loa Helicopters

Northeaster Helicopters

Cloud 9 Helicopters

I am sure there are many more. (There are tons of helicopter schools in the US.) Some say M-1 and F-1 Visa, I'm not up to speed on the difference or your requirements though.

Good luck, and once you get here, welcome to the best country in the world.

Thanks for replying. I have looked at those schools except Leading Edge Aviation which is for Airplanes. Mouna Loa is expensive for me. NorthEast and Cloud9 Helicopters were Ok but I was considering the total number of total flight hours, cost and total number of solo hours.

I exchanged some mails with the President of Cloud9 in the past. Along the line I didn't receive response to some of my queries so I take them off my list. For Guidance, I don't know how much their training will cost. They don't put any price on their site. I tried a few times to reach them but no luck.

Check out this link Leading Edge I have heard good things about this school, but I have never visited them.

Hmm, I have had issues like that with Cloud9 as well. With both people from the main campus, and the local one here in Utah. Seems really wierd to me, but hey it's not my business and there are plenty other options out there.

I just finished up my training at Palm Beach Helicopters and I have no regrets! I finished my PPL through CFII in a little over a year!

We have an numerous foreign students come through the program ranging from PPL, ATP to NVG training. The head of student services at PBH is Kim Thakur and she is extremely helpful. She handles all of the I-20 and M-1 Visa paperwork.

If you have any questions please feel free to call.

Palm Beach Helicopters 561-304-1491

EOD Heli

• Like 1

Check out Silverhawk Aviation Academy, just outside of Boise Idaho. And no this is not related to Silverstate at all. Catherine Webber is the owner and she to will do the paperwork for the m1 stuff. She also has student housing available. Great mountain flying all year around.

• Like 2

I just finished up my training at Palm Beach Helicopters and I have no regrets! I finished my PPL through CFII in a little over a year!

We have an numerous foreign students come through the program ranging from PPL, ATP to NVG training. The head of student services at PBH is Kim Thakur and she is extremely helpful. She handles all of the I-20 and M-1 Visa paperwork.

If you have any questions please feel free to call.

Palm Beach Helicopters 561-304-1491

EOD Heli

I feel like every post you make is just an advertisement.

• Like 2

Check out the Helicopter Academy; they give free housing to students too!!! Contact Tom @ 561-346-2816!!! You will also get a guaranteed job with Boatpix after you complete (300) hours...I LOVE IT!!!

Fly Safe,

Dustin

Everyone gets a guaranteed job after 300 hours? How is this possible?

Not everyone is meant to fly and just because they “pay” their way, doesn’t necessarily mean they are competent enough to be professional pilots. It just means they had the money to throw away……

Actually you do...I paid my 75K, and via contract I fly with Boatpix.com, you have to have the (300) hours to get put on the Boatpixs' Insurance...but YES, you are guaranteed a job!!! I am a new student as well and have been flying Boatpix for about (3) months now and love it!!! This site has a VERY TOUGH crowd!!! But look in to it...FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME I CAN GIVE YOU NUMEROUS REFERENCE'S. Just like you I was searching schools and Tom show me the direction to go...at the end of the day it's up to you and your money...BUT I TELL YA IT'S A LOT OF FUN BRO!!!

Fly Safe,

Dustin_904 554 2727!!!

Everyone gets a guaranteed job after 300 hours? How is this possible?

Not everyone is meant to fly and just because they “pay” their way, doesn’t necessarily mean they are competent enough to be professional pilots. It just means they had the money to throw away……

If this were true they would have never passed private, commercial, or CFI check ride. Its a great company, people can say what they like to but they should get the correct info before they voice an oppinion, if you want a school where you can fly and get "real life" senerios they its a great place. Most schools out there cant give you a job when you finish because they dont have the students. With boat pixs the job is already there regardless of students there are always photos to be done.

Actually you do...I paid my 75K, and via contract I fly with Boatpix.com, you have to have the (300) hours to get put on the Boatpixs' Insurance...but YES, you are guaranteed a job!!! I am a new student as well and have been flying Boatpix for about (3) months now and love it!!! This site has a VERY TOUGH crowd!!! But look in to it...FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME I CAN GIVE YOU NUMEROUS REFERENCE'S. Just like you I was searching schools and Tom show me the direction to go...at the end of the day it's up to you and your money...BUT I TELL YA IT'S A LOT OF FUN BRO!!!

Fly Safe,

Dustin_904 554 2727!!!

This confirms your ignorance son.

All's you need to know about me is, I already fly profesionally and have been doing so for a very long time. While you may feel this is a tough crowd, I can guarantee, you're out of your league. My only hope is that you were not replying to my post. If not, please say so and we'll move on. If so,,,,,,

Edited by Spike

@ SPIKE...yes I do understand your theory about how can you get a job...lets say you cant grasp the content and controls....understandable...but if you can you will be guaranteed a job...NOT EVERYONE CAN LEARN TO FLY...UNDERSTOOD....but this company didn't opened up last year but actually over 20+ years....so something must be going right...I'm still very new with the company and have seen nothing but POSITIVES, and an accelerated learning curve, and all this site does is bad mouth a member of whom pays here....what give's guys/gals...the Helicopter Academy is top notch...THIS IS COMING FORM A NON-PAID STUDENT..AND IM SURE THE OTHER BOATPIX PILOTS WILL STATE THE SAME!!!

-DUSTIN

Wow! Sparring with Spike already? Good luck Dude! :lol:

Its funny, I'm kinda torn here.

On one hand, I like Boatpix. The flying is a lot of fun, and, well,...lets face it,...they're probably the only company on the Planet that would give,...sell, me a job!

On the other hand, I don't like them. They only hire CFIs (even though they're doing non-CFI work), and according to they're website,...I'm too fat! Plus, they're a little overbearing with the advertising!

Oh' well, lose 20 lbs, get my CFI, and "whore myself out to a thousand fat chicks at 20 bucks a pop" (gigiddy), and,...who knows? :D ,... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dustin,

Did you get an Instrument rating from your training? The Industry standard is having one to move on!

Best wishes,

Mike

http://heli.com/

The website will explain why.

I hate to use an American euphemism here, but Bristow's bread and butter IS visa students. It's what they specialize in, and they do it very well. You would be doing yourself a disservice by not talking with them. They operate on six continents, I believe. Maybe only five.

Mike, not yet...however I have been traveling a lot and plan on getting my CFI and instrument as soon as I get back to Florida...of which the other CFI's do that also work for Boatpix and who also went to the Helicopter Academy too. Thanks for the best wishes, I know Im new just have loved my training thus far, and that's it...and doing the photo's for Boatpix is great too, I'm still new but I honestly LOVE flyn point blank!!!

I had a very good experince when I visited cloud 9 for an intro flight, however trying to get an email response was like pulling teeth. They sent me generic information but did not answer specific questions. When I visited though I liked their operation and it seemed that the majority of their clientle was foreign and atleast a few of their instructors were as well. Palm beach helicopters was very helpful for me over the phone and via email and I've heard good things about them however I have not visited them. Upper limit aviation has a program for international students although I dont know anything about it, I will say though they have bent over backwards to help me and even suggested rival school of theirs to check out so I found that to be a good sign. Also I know two guys from the military who I knew before hand and I know are not just trying to advertise who told me they had a great experince there. All that being said though I haven't trained with any of those schools except for an intro flight with cloud 9 so take that information for what its worth. I personaly hope to start training next fall, maybe I'll see you out there somewhere.