Anyone here ride motorcycles???

Been a rider my whole life...raced MX nationwide,Pikes Peak, Salt flats, Oregon Dunes and Pismo!!! Recently just sold my sportbike raceshop (next12performance) to fly...but would love to meet other enthusiast as I travel state to state a lot. I have been riding for about 28 years off and on...minus the wrecks...but am an avid rider for life...I stunt and often do track days in Florida...trying to meet people nationwide that have the same passions.

Fly Safe,

Dustin

• Like 1

I ride a bit. Just picked up a '85 Goldwing yesterday as a fixer upper, and (eventually) a commuter.

Started riding about 7 years ago on a '95 Ninja 500. Moved up to a SV650, and a GSXR 750. Never made it to a track day, but a lot of my wrenching time was consumed by getting my bike ready for the track.

I ride, but I don't do any stunts on my 09 Jackpot. Unfortunately It is close to time to put her away for the winter. (got the first mountain snow for the year today).

My son rides MX, this was his first year and I have learned how much time and $ is involved... Better talk him into riding a 4 wheeler in the mountains so daddy can fly :o .

Dreaming of the day I can fly through the mountains too. :rolleyes:

I owned a dirt bike about 40 years ago, but I gave it up. We scrape enough Harley riders up off the roads these days to convince me that I don't want anything to do with motorcycles. What is it about middle-aged men and Harleys? None of them wear helmets, and when that ton of metal goes down, and it eventually will, their heads splat off the pavement and serious injuries occur. We don't pick up many rice-rocket riders, because they tend to wear helmets and protective clothing, and stay up better. But we fly lots of Harley riders every year in addition to the few we get from motocross races. I see no attraction to riding motorcycles at all.

• Like 2

I started with an '89 ex500, wrecked it, fixed it, wrecked it and broke the frame, and now have a '90 ex500 in the garage waiting for my attention to fix it up. Motorcycle riding is where I learned the importance of a helmet (I've always worn one, but my first wreck taught me the value of it), and is the reason why I wear one in the heli.

I started with a 2009 V-Star 650 custom. Once I was comfortable and felt like I was a good rider, I got a 2011 Harley Street Bob. Love riding in these Colorado mountains! Nothing else like it. Always wear a helmet, and I stay way the hell away from traffic as much as possible. One of my rules is never to go through Denver in rush hour!

whiteshadow

Thanks for all the reply's.... Definitely wear protective gear...I have lost (19) friends over the past year and a half...I wear FULL gear all the time...I have recently lost one of my best friends riding a Harley in a parking lot and his kick stand caught and his suicide mirror stabbed him in his chest he bleed to death in the parking lot in front of all us....sad day!!! I actually sold my raceshop pretty much to just learn to fly and love flying, however my past time will always be riding/racing/stunting!!! Keep the rubber side down and also I am active using in about (12) different motorcycle forums...just trying to be nice and get to know a few of ya... ;)

Fly Safe,

Dustin

I actually was pressing new shock linkages into my 03 cr250 earlier today!

I started on a Suzuki gs500e I picked up cheap. I then sold that for a Honda 99 CBR600f4. Then sold that and bought a 05 Honda TRX400ex when I lived in AZ. I then sold it before moving back home. Once I moved to Kentucky, I decided to get into dirtbikes. I picked up a cheap 00 Yamaha yz125. Sold that and got a 03 yz125. I then sold that and picked up a 03 Honda cr250. All this over the course of 4 years.

Street riding was fun and I do miss it, but I had too many close calls for me to feel comfortable anymore. Dirt riding has pretty much consumed my life now. I spend more time wrenching than riding, but fine tuning and learning how to rebuild them is the real fun part to me. In another life I could see myself working in a shop.

Its funny, Any time I have been in a room with other pilots the conversation either turns to motorcycles or guns lol...

I started my flight training a couple years ago and have noticed there seems to be a high proportion of helicopter pilots that ride motorcycles. I just got my first motorcycle, a Kawasaki KLR250, a few months ago and that's when I realized how many motorcycles I see parked in front of the flight school everyday. It's actually kind of funny because last week I ran across a thread on a motorcycle forum that has a couple hundred pages of helicopter talk. Hope the link works: ADVrider website Anyways, I love riding so far and wish it wouldn't haven taken me this long to figure out how much I like it. Am already looking at upgrading from the 250 to probably a 650 dual sport.

I feel you guys/gals, been a rider/racer my whole life and actually stunt sportbikes for the past (4) years, thats what I used to do, actually sold my raceshop in Jax Fl to fly helicopters, but still have my stunt bike and my dirtbikes but have been traveling alot lately to learn to fly....for my b-day next year in August going to buy the 2012 Triumph Daytona 675R model, and a new KTM 125 two stroke and a KTM 450R, thatz just my style...if your guys are hardcore bikers friend request me and you can see some of my shop, friends, and bikes....ALWAYS RIDE SAFE, I have lost too many friends in the past year and half and it hearts so bad, but that was the lifestyle I lived till I took my first flight (7) months ago, plus there's no money in bikes and I too old to race and/or stunt professionally.

Fly Safe/Ride Fast,

Dustin_904 554 2727

facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1624719040

let me know if this doesnt go to my page...or look up Dustin Richards and look for Red Ducati 916 with me wearing white race gear.

• 4 months later...

I have a 2007 Honda 919... It saves a lot on gas and time, here in Lalaland's hell-traffic-highways,... it can cost you your life... True that there seems to be a trend for helicopter pilot/bikers. My instructor also rides a bike, and two more instructors at the same school also ride...

lol @Pohi for "garage ornament"! Hadn't heard that phrase before, it put a smile on my face... :)

Started with a Honda monkey bike Z50A the original with small wheels, moved to a Velocette Venom, then a 1300 rice burner, came to the same conclusion as GP there were to many other ways to kill myself.

http://www.vintagebi...elocette-venom/