Rotorway A600 Talon vs. Mosquito Turbine vs R22

^^^RICH^^^ Thanks for the insight...but $100k a lil outta budget, want to stay around $40-80K but could possible look into a partnership, donno yet but thanks for the info...I love the R22 as well!!!

Fly Safe,

Dustin

Hiller, Bell 47, Brantly...

Rotorway engines don't last very long...not my personal experience just from talking to owners and reading online.

I have a couple of friends buying a Helicycle with me hopefully within the next year.

Jerry

A few hundred or so, if anyone out there has better information than I found please set me straight. All of the rotorway's I looked at had fewer than 500 total engine hours before needing a rebuild.

Jerry

Since it's in the experimental category...could you modify it for a turbine...I have been a motorcycle rider/racer and fabricator my whole life and know if there's a will there's a way. I have built dunebuddys with motorcycles engines and hummers with Ford big-blocks, just an idea I thought I throw out there. I personally think the A600 is a very sexy ship and if was turbine powered would be the way to go. Lets take it from here....

-Dustin

• Like 1

Exactly, but what's up with there site? I would like to see more info, however, thank you...Hmm now I really need to re-think and possible bring in another investor. I know this mod will not be cheap, and also I'm still new to flying and am taking step-by-step slowly. Thanks for the link.

Fly Safe,

Dustin

• Like 1

Dustin, the Cabri G2 pictured would be circa $400,000....

Ifly....a couple of years ago I bought a 162f with zero hours, I struggle to fly 25 hours a year, what with the wife/kids/work and the English weather getting in the way...

On the basis of Rotorway engines 'only' lasting 500 hours...I've about 18 years to go before that rebuild is necessary..

Dustin says he wants a machine for fun...let's say in his circumstances/location he's able to fly 3 times what I manage, that's still 6 years between rebuilds.....not bad I think...

Just my opinion tho !

Kev

^^^RICH^^^ Thanks for the insight...but $100k a lil outta budget, want to stay around $40-80K but could possible look into a partnership, donno yet but thanks for the info...I love the R22 as well!!!

Fly Safe,

Dustin

The Brantly B2 is a certified ship, there is one for sale in Tx for 50K.

• 2 weeks later...