Redeem myself...

Alright, I get it now. And am very sorry for becoming a "hated/disliked" person on this site. I am curious as to how to get my status out of the negative and into the positive. I am young driven and usually a like-able person, but we definitely started out on the wrong foot. I have nothing but my best of interest into the helicopter industry and understand that I really don't know jack, although I study all day everyday; and am also very new to this industry. That being said, I do appreciated all the tips and advice from this site and truly didn't mean to come off the way I originally did. Please help me become a non-negative member and what steps I need to take....Thank you for reading this and your time.

Sincerely,

Dustin

• Like 9

Hi Dustin. I am not usually a very vocal person on this forum. I do like reading the postings and contributing when I can. Dont take things too personally from people online...especially the 'hate' thing. Contribute when you can and and stay positive.

I do suspect that not alot of people on this forum are pro boatpix and although you seem to indicate you are happy with them..maybe lay low on your enthusiasm and pick more appropriate times to express your like (and for others dislike) for BP.

Life is good, we are all here to make friends and have a good time. But remember, this is a forum, it is virtual and although you can make some good contacts, dont let your feelings get hurt if you think someone does not like you.

• Like 2

@Rodrop, thanks...really appreciate it. I agree just take some things personally especially when I have my heart, soul and all my funds dedicated...I sold my raceshop of which I thought I would never do; to fly. I love flying over riding and never thought those words would come out of my mouth, but have noticed flying is very expensive. I will buy another bike, hopefully next year...2012 Daytona Triumph 675R model! But for now my heart is set for flying and learning the industry as much as possible and I study every day (3)- (5) hours and just don't want a negative opinion on me, I'm not a bad person; just passionate.

Fly Safe,

-Dustin

• Like 4

Dude, I've got a guy on here who red marks me whenever he comes across one of my posts (regardless of what it says!). :rolleyes:

Forums like just are just a place to be heard,...and you can't please everyone.

In fact, I had considered getting a VR pin, but then I thought, "I've made so many enemies on this site, that with my luck, I'd start talking with someone else who had a pin on, mention my "handle", and get punched in the face!"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't sweat the Internet.

;)

Edited by r22butters
  • Like 6

Like momma always said, "it isn't always what you say, it is how you say it". ;)

In your current situation, suggest posting as professionally as you can. No one is perfect, especially me but I try to watch my spelling and punctuation. (not my strongest point) Most people on this forum are mature adults who don't expect to see slang all over the forum. Also use some tact and be humble, you are interacting with some true veteran Professional Pilots. And by no means should you try calling one of these guys/gals out unless you have cold hard facts to back you up. There are tactful ways to clear up questions about a post.

Taking the obvious advertizement out of your screen name and talking more about helicopter training in general, and less about BP specifically would probably help some too.

• Like 2

The problem on some forums becomes people who dont know or do giving advice to other people who dont know or do. Granted, I dont take offense to anything on the internet especially this site, unless that person happens to be someone who actually flies helicopters for a living which seems to be a rare breed lately. I cant even read through a post anymore without twitching the mouse back to Facebook before I write something mean to a noob know it all. Go ahead and mark it red, its kinda funny how stupid it is.

• Like 4

DUSTIN-

You Have Enemies? Good. That Means You've Stood Up For Something, Sometime In Your Life

- Winston Churchill

-WATCH FOR THE PATTERNS, WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

• Like 4

Thanks, everyone!!! I really appreciate it. I am sometimes in a hurry when I post here, and am usually active on (5)-(6) different sites all at the same time and I understand, my wording might not come out as it should (I don't proof read it) because it is a forum. But I am trying my best when I can and will be a more respectful to the people of whom have more knowledge/experience; as well as more post on this site. At the end of the day, I really do love flying, every-time I hear a plane and/or a helicopter I run outside, just to see if I can identify it; just like I do with motorcycles still today. Thanks for the support, and hopefully we can all move forward and concentrate on what's most important; FLYING!

Regards,

Dustin

• Like 3

Don't sweat the small stuff.

I got neg rep from trying to ask questions that went above and beyond a link to a FAA website and then was called stupid for not understanding the FAA link - and all this from someone who was lecturing me about TEACHING, sometimes this site is like a high school click - if you're not in the little rah rah for the home team click then.... anyhow... I'm not in high school anymore and I don't need positive reinforcement from relative strangers on the internet.

/rant over

Now I think it would be cool if people could look at the facts, ignore how it was written ( like you I'm not an English major ) and see the intent behind it but the fact is that is just not gonna happen. Sheeple will be sheeple and follow the flock off a cliff.....

Anyhow, do what you do. Be sincere and hard working and the rest will take care of itself.

• Like 1

In the helicopter business, your reputation is everything. Never forget that!!!

Although the VR “reputation” button means very little out in the real world, its a fair reflection of your overall intent here at VR. Therefore, if you are, in fact, a sincere person who is actually interested in learning this business and not marketing the organizations for which you have been, then I suggest you loose the DUSTIN_BOATPIX handle and re-enter under a different username. That, and a change of “tone” of your replies and/or questions.

One last thing worth considering is; the organizations which you have represented here may not appreciate the “negative” vibe you’ve place on them….. I know if I was an owner, I’d be all up in your….. Customer or not…

Edited by Spike
  • Like 3

I second a couple of recent points: don't sweat the small stuff and change your handle or whatever you call it.

I'll add an old military adage, "Never complain, never explain, and never apologize- do it right or don't do it at all" and don't brag...

• Like 1

Let me show you what I gave up to do to fly...I ride and stunt with Bill Dixon..#1 right now and not this good but can do a lot these tricks and thanks to him and many others and I am almost this good:

Not quite getting it are you??

• Like 6

My point being is that I have given the past (28) years to riding/racing/stunting motorcycles and have become this good via passion and a ton of knowledge learned with a ton of broken bones and I am taking that same passion to flying and hopefully will fly as good as I ride...been riding since I was (3) years old and my Dad had multiple airplanes of which the first time I flew I was (7) and he let me take the controls flyn to the Bahama's, and went to college @ FCCJ's Aviation Center of Excellence, but throughout my life, fixed wing is pretty boring to me....and Helicopters are absolutely a whole new desire and passion for me. Just trying to let you guys know...I have a 110% invested; heart and soul!

-Dustin

• Like 1

DUSTIN_BOATPIX

I don't care if Daddy had an airplane.

I don't care if you facebook, myspace, post in eleventy-eight forums or if you "do-dah, do-dah, day" all day.

I don't care how you get your flight time as long as you don't try to tell me that your "circuits and bumps are quality time" or pretend that the time that you buy is a "job",

I don't care if you ride bikes or are a doctor lawyer or indian chief when you're not flying helicopters.

I'm surprised that BOATPIX allows the use if their brand. "There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary." (Brendan Behan, Irish author & dramatist (1923 - 1964)), maybe? If so, that's disappointing.

• Like 9

Thanks guys, I'm like the above post..."Poe's Law"! I have taken a few days off and re-grouped....my priority now is to study, study, study...then fly. I can't wait; hopefully doing an event this weekend, and at the end of the day, I constantly think of what I have learned via life, women and helicopters...and want to keep a positive focus on what makes me happy...flying.

-Dustin

• Like 2