Redeem myself...

• 4 weeks later...
My point being is that I have given the past (28) years to riding/racing/stunting motorcycles and have become this good via passion and a ton of knowledge learned with a ton of broken bones and I am taking that same passion to flying and hopefully will fly as good as I ride...

Hopefully you don't take this approach when it comes to flying. Generally speaking, one would prefer not to break tons of bones in one's passionate zeal to master the cockpit.

When one undertakes to tell the world how good he is, he usually does far more to tell the world of his inexperience. Humility will go a long way for you. Pursue it.

When you think you've mastered aviation, it will kill you. Never arrive at that place. Arrogance hurts.

Businesses which sell jobs hurt everyone. They lower the bar across the board. I've nothing against an operator which takes pictures of boats or houses or cars for clients. I've everything against an operator that charges employees for the opportunity to work; it's a filthy practice that is a sorry blight on the industry. Bragging about such a business does little to help your image.

Edited by avbug

• 3 weeks later...

Dustin, I’ll tell you this from personal experience, being young and driven is often mistaken for being both young (that can be a bad thing F.Y.I.) and cocky. It really is unfortunate because you have a dream and are excited about it. I have been around and in the aviation industry since I was 16 and have always had a passion for it. I worked hard to get my A&P and always aspired for more. This was always looked down upon by most (not all) of my peers. The fact that I wanted to fly in the front of the plane (or helicopter in this case) made me less in their eyes. The thing that I can tell you is try your best, trust me there are plenty of times that I have wanted to go off on people on this forum. Sometimes people’s negativity is unbelievable, what is even more unbelievable is the lack of hindsight that the seasoned guys have. The seasoned guys that have almost more experience than you fathom have forgot their passion. Anyone here that has been successful in this industry has paid his or her dues, and the only reason you do that is a love for flying. Keep that passion and be unapologetic for it. On the other hand, censoring your comments on a public forum especially on one dedicated to a small niche of people may be a good idea (hence why I haven’t flown off the handle at people). That’s just my opinion on the subject though. Keep on keepin’ on brother, and good luck with everything you do!

• Like 2