How do my chances look for acceptance?

Hi everyone,

I'm still a bit off from actually applying but was wondering if some of you who have been accepted could take a look and let me know if I'm the quality that they are looking for and if it would be worth applying. I still have about a year and a half left to finish college and haven't taken the AFAST yet.

-GT (when I took it right out of high school): 117

-Max PT scores

-Prior Service: 3.5 years, Army Airborne Scout (19D) SGT with a 14 month deployment to Iraq with the 82nd Airborne.

-Rotary PPL completed in ~1 month at 40.5 hours. Now with ~60 hours flight time (300CBi).

-Will have a Bachelor's of Science in Journalism. Current GPA 3.5.

-Licensed Skydiving Instructor (~250 jumps)

-Open Water Scuba Diver

-Interned at the White House in Washington

-Experience traveling in ~20 countries

-Accomplished rock climber/canyoneer guide

I was also wondering if a letter of recommendation from my flight instructor (also a 20+ year retired Army rotary pilot during Vietnam) would work in place of an active WO since I don't have any personal relationships with any currently. Last question is if the letters of recommendation need to be written near the date of packet submission or if I can start reaching out for them now?

Thanks in advance for all of the help.

So far so good. Finish up that college education strong, and study for the AFAST. You are well rounded, and I would say quite competitive.

Reach out for LOR's, but they need to be fairly current when you submit them.