Helicopter Expo 2012 Dallas Question

I have been reading magazines and watching videos about heloexpo and never thought it would be right in my backyard... Dallas. My question is simple, as a potential future pilot and a general individual who loves helicopters, would attending this be a waist of time and money? I know a lot of the seminars and talks would be way over my head, but non the less as a non member is it worth the cost and time?

There are a number of workshops that would benefit you. These are definitely free with registration, and might even be free for anybody. Look for the Pilot Mentoring and Flight Instructor Workshops, and the mini-HeliSuccess presentation. The courses (eg, Flying in the Wire Environment) are expensive and are unlikely to benefit you much. The floor show is all eye candy.

If you have anything more than the slightest interest in helicopters, and can afford it, it would behoove you to attend. I went last year and met some awesome people as well as learned a great deal about the industry. Considering people travel from all over the world to make it to Heli-Expo, if it's in your backyard you have little excuse not to make it.

To be fair I'm probably very biased. I love anything helicopters or helicopter related, and this was the best place I have found where I can be surrounded by a lot of like minded people.

Do you guys know how many days in advance they typically fly in? I would love to be there for that while they are getting setup.

I watched the one video on, i think it was verticlereferece tv, showing the ins and outs at one of the expos, but I dont recall how many days before the show they fly in.

Generally they fly in on Thursday and Friday.