Torn Between Schools - Gi Bill

Hello everybody,

I'm new here, been browsing and searching the past few days. I've had a strong interest in Aviation since before I joined the Military, I have been in now for going on 5 years, and am looking to get out sometime this coming Summer to start school. I am looking at a lot of the schools on the West Coast that accept the Ch 33 for their Flight Programs, Mainly ULA, LEA, GA, and a few others, and was curious what peoples opinions on these schools is, as well as the areas in which they are. My wife and I are expecting our first child this Summer as well, so its very important that we're able to move somewhere that we can both find work in relatively quickly, and without much hassle. Any advice or guidance would be helpful, I'm very excited to go after my dream, but I want to make sure I do whats best for my Family as a whole.

I went to GA on the GI Bill. Absolutely loved the program and the people. Also a pretty big fan of the area, lots of stuff to do (whiskey row for starters!). I can go into some details about the pro's and con's if you like, but I will do it in a PM, let me know if you want some more info.

I tried (twice) to send a pm the other day. After typing out a long message my computer froze up both times.

It looks like you have a good start. I noticed that College of the Sequoias wasn't on your list. I don't have experience with them, but they are in California and they can use CH33 benefits. Check as many out as you can before you decide.

My advice to you would be to physically VISIT each school and take a tour. It might cost a pretty penny, but it will be 100% worth it if you are dedicating the next couple years to that place, and hopefully more for a job. Talk to some of the current students, ask them what they like and what they don't like so much. See what the instructors are like, are they stuck up or laid back? Another big one for me was the maintenance facilities, take a look at how they control that. If you go to a place like PHI, it is said you can eat off the floors in their hangers.

• Like 1