What to consider when choosing and airframe?

Honestly, If somebody needs to talk to you into flying Apaches, then the Apache is not for you. Its better if you fly 60's of 58's. I am not in yet, as of right now I have no guarantees that I will get in or that I will be selected for an Apache, but I however have been obsessed with that air frame since I started studying Aviation. I have read tons and tons of reference material, documentation, operating manuals, cutaway drawings and schematics regarding the Apache helicopter. I even built a flight simulator. All of this, just so I could get a better feel of what it would be to fly one of these incredible flying machines.

I want to be the harbinger of death and destruction.

You do realize how gay this sounds right?

My only thought i had recently about this is that when and if i ever fly into combat, i want to be the one shooting from a safe distance, not landing a barely armed helo in a hot lz taking fire for a medevac... If i were you id pick apaches for the safer situations youd be put in.... On the flip side, if you pick 60s, and live through your career, theres better chances of branching to coast guard, af, navy, civilian 60s, or others. You arent stuck army forever like u would be in 64s...

If you're picking your aircraft based on how it is going to set you up for success later on or how "safe" it is going to be, you're doing it wrong. You probably joined the wrong business. You'd be naive to think that Apaches don't get into knife fights too. Pick the mission, not the airframe.

Just to finish off this post... I selected UH-60s and put Drum, Savannah, and Colorado as my top three... Studying 5&9's now, and oh my God it is a pain trying to relearn terminology... They refer to the same damn components and call it something completely different... TGT (Turbine Gas Temp) instead of TOT (Turbine Outlet Temp)... Just for starters... it gets worse... But I'm Happy with my choice...

• Like 1

Just to finish off this post... I selected UH-60s and put Drum, Savannah, and Colorado as my top three... Studying 5&9's now, and oh my God it is a pain trying to relearn terminology... They refer to the same damn components and call it something completely different... TGT (Turbine Gas Temp) instead of TOT (Turbine Outlet Temp)... Just for starters... it gets worse... But I'm Happy with my choice...

A/L or M?

If you want to get really technical TGT in a Black Hawk is measured just before the turbine, not after, so it's kind of different. They should have named it Turbine Inlet Temp to avoid ambiguity.

That would be an interesting acronym.

• Like 2

If you want to get really technical TGT in a Black Hawk is measured just before the turbine, not after, so it's kind of different. They should have named it Turbine Inlet Temp to avoid ambiguity.

T700-401s right?

Pretty sure I jacked your engine manuals. Flipping through it does say TGT, but our NATOPs refers to it as MGT, or measured gas temp, I wonder what the bassackwards rationale the engineers have for that. Considering they're nearly identical. I know there are new electrical control units in the upgrades, I wonder what the 60M and Block III Apache are toting around.