Facebook profiles

jslider

Hey Everyone,

In an effort to help connect an already tight knit industry, I was wondering if people would be willing to put their facebook links on here to make it easier to network. If people are interested you can start by checking www.facebook.com/maritimehelicopters. Also, if you click through our "like" section, you will be able to see over 150+ other helicopter companies that you can connect with by hitting the "like" button.

Thanks,

Jason

• Like 2

I prefer linkedin for networking. I'm thinking about deleting my FB. Its becoming a pain in the ass!!

Edited by Trans Lift
  • Like 1

I prefer linkedin for networking. I'm thinking about deleting my FB. Its becoming a pain in the ass!!

I hear you! I decided to take a 1 week break from FB, and I don't miss it, so I'm not going back. I now spend my "FB time" poring over flight manuals for helicopters I may never get to fly, but hey, you never know...

• Like 1

I quit facebook not long after I started it. The privacy issues forced my decision, and all the malware and spam that it generates just reinforced it. I'll never go back. I do use Google+ though, since it allows you to decide who gets to see what, and they don't openly sell your data to developers and spammers like Facebook does.

Admit it Trans Lift, the main reason you haven't left it is the pure entertainment I provide you!

I second LinkedIn as a better networking site for the professional side of things. Mine is http://www.linkedin....n/darrenphughes

Facebook profiles, including my own, can sometimes be misinterpreted and make people look unprofessional. Any time I accept anyone I work with as a friend on FB, I make sure I have been working with them for a while first so that they know I can separate my professional time and my personal time. That way they don't think the worst of me professionally, because they already know my work ethics.

Aside from that I like to try to keep Facebook for people I've met in person. One my loose stipulations for accepting friends is that if I haven't gotten drunk with you in the past I probably won't accept you on FB! I have on rare occasions made some accommodations and waived that rule for special cases! :P

• Like 2

Thats true Darren, you are one of the only reasons I still have it!! ;)

We have only done the coffee though, the drunk part needs to happen.

Edited by Trans Lift

• 4 weeks later...

Just joined Hangerchat.com, looks pretty cool so far.