The "ether" - quietest helicopter thread

AdminLB

Hello all,

Although the thread did start out fairly innocouous and went well for a couple pages, it ended up being a mess and I removed it.

I had 3 reports on this thread and I appreciate the community making those reports. I will say that generally, just because I get a report, that will not cause me to take immediate action. I do often take a "sit back and wait" approach to potential problems. Most often the community itself can be the judge and jury and the wrongs often get "righted" on their own, and I think it is great when that happens.

My apologies to those who think it may have gone to far. It seems some were getting entertainment out of the thread. However, I do recognize that we cannot have a guy like that making good use of the forum at our expense , especially when it turns mostly off topic.

We stay on topic and have useful conversation here 98% of the time. The occasional nutjob only stands to liven things up every once in a while, which is not always a bad thing. Naturally, I have a whole herd of them on some other website forum that I manage, so to see one spill over into VR is not suprising!

• Like 5

thanks for being a good mod. I just left 1 rotorcraft forum due to Drama and personal attacks.

I do not post much on here,but I do learn a lot from reading the threads, thanks for keeping this one professional.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good choice Lyn,

I will admit I had a laugh or two reading some of his posts, but it was getting out of hand. Sorry if I helped feed the fire, some things just can't go without opposition.

V/R

Mike

thanks for being a good mod. I just left 1 rotorcraft forum due to Drama and personal attacks.

I do not post much on here,but I do learn a lot from reading the threads, thanks for keeping this one professional.

CAUTION…. Personal attacks will occur. They just happen on “other” forums and if you’re not skimming those forums, you’d never know it’s happening. And, for whatever reason, it’s allowed to continue….

In my opinion, this diminishes the overall potential of the forum. Furthermore, no moderator will “have your back”……Just be aware….

Edited by Spike

In my opinion, the message is, no matter the topic of discussion or the legitimacy of the replies, you are not immune from personal attacks. These attacks can and do occur on other forums especially the ones directly related to VR.

Making an honest effort to improve industry communication is not enough to thwart off personal attacks from the internet trollers….. Sadly, there is no prevention or protection…. It’s basically poster beware…