So is it true that SIFT is going to replace the AFAST June 2012?

My best guess is that after they begin implementing the SIFT it will be the test to take for anyone who hasn't completed the AFAST, but those who have already completed the AFAST will be able to submit an application using that score for a period of time. Although applications using SIFT scores going up against AFAST scores will have a big advantage, so it will be in your best interest to take the SIFT if at all possible.

i want to take both the ASVAB and the AFAST now but my recruiter keeps saying that i have to wait until my physical to take those tests. is there anyway i can take them before the physical. i cant have my physical for 6months he said due to PRK so it sucks.

I took both before my MEPS physical and Class 1A flight physical. It is very possible.

• 3 months later...

My best guess is that after they begin implementing the SIFT it will be the test to take for anyone who hasn't completed the AFAST, but those who have already completed the AFAST will be able to submit an application using that score for a period of time. Although applications using SIFT scores going up against AFAST scores will have a big advantage, so it will be in your best interest to take the SIFT if at all possible.

Do you have any info on the new test? Easier/harder, longer/shorter? Why would you say that it will be an advantage? Thanks!

Do you have any info on the new test? Easier/harder, longer/shorter? Why would you say that it will be an advantage? Thanks!

It will be a bigger advantage because it will be a more up to date test, meaning they straightened out the "kinks" in the old test aka the AFAST.

It will be a bigger advantage because it will be a more up to date test, meaning they straightened out the "kinks" in the old test aka the AFAST.

Yeah, nobody trusts AFAST scores anymore. Half of the test is written out word for word in the ARCO study guide. A good SIFT score may actually improve your chances.

News from a professional military aviation reporting source. Can anyone chime in on what this means for us who haven't taken the AFAST but are close?

I recently started and am finishing my package to crossover from another branch, the Navy. I'm currently studying the Arco guide and the FAA Rotorcraft manual. However, I'm in Hawaii and the AFAST is just not possible before the end of next month given my circumstances.

Any recommendations on how to approach this? What to study? I'd hate to roll in and take this test blind and ruin my opportunity to transfer because I lacked information.

My best guess would be that this is a flight aptitude test just like the AFAST so as long as you study like you would for the AFAST you should be pretty good. If you don't get it then you don't get it...simple as that. But on the other side of the coin they throw in a section like "complex movements" that jams everyone up because it has nothing to do with flight aptitude and everything to do with jamming people up...haha...who the hell knows really

haha...who the hell knows really

http://www.google.co...CKs-RE_ZJcaQz9A

Apparently, these guys do.

"Task 5: PROTOTYPE VALIDATION

Completed with 240 flight students (June 2006)"

I know people have taken it, and I know there has to be "people who know people" who might have some information on it. Based on that article, which extensively explains the research process guiding the development of the test, it doesseem like there are a lot of similarities between the tests, (e.g. Army aviation questions, spatial assessment, mechanical comprehension, etc).