Best GoPro Hero 2 Video Resolution Mode.

if i were you i would just set it on 720p unless you really must have 1080p footage. 720p footage is still good and wont take up nearly as much space on your memory card. Im not sure whether it will help battery life or not.

Plus its a real pain having to deal with a 4-8 gig raw video file after filming in 1080

Thanks for the advice, I was debating between 960 and 720. I wasn't planning on recording in 1080P because it would limit my recording time due to the amount of memory it takes like you were saying. Im sure there is not a huge difference between 720 and 960 but wanted to see what everyone else was using.

I normally have mine on 960/30. you can do 960/48 if you want to slow down any parts of it. Thats just my preference. There isn't much difference, that I notice, between the two.

WVGA@120 (for super slow). I actually played around with it yesterday and took a photo every 5 secs on a flight to see what the time lapse would look like. Turned out pretty cool.

WVGA@120 (for super slow). I actually played around with it yesterday and took a photo every 5 secs on a flight to see what the time lapse would look like. Turned out pretty cool.

That's what I do with mine. Just change the delay depending on the length of the trip

• 2 months later...

Anyone have a favorite program for video editing? I'm looking for an editing program that's easy to use with the GoPro Hero 2 and Windows XP. There are soooo many to choose from, and I'd rather be out flying the 22 than watching software crash.

It is very over used...I just had to use it for my first flying video. That video above is where I first found out about the song go figure.

Using "Sail" or something from the Glitch Mob to accompany flying videos makes a pedal turn look like the coolest thing in the world.

• Like 1