Got the go

I am glad I'm headed to Benning. I hear it is the toughest, but who really knows since they're supposed to be the same, but if it is then great! Will just help prepare me for WOCS better. Even if it is the same, I'd imagine the weather there is the closest thing to at Rucker, so that should at least help.

Ahhh Benning. Enjoy.

On another note, I have PLd two days in a row. FML

Cut that crap out!

I didn't go today. Vanguard went to 004 OVC (400 foot overcast cielings for the not yet pilots) until 1130L. First day of BCS for my guys, too. I was excited to fly, again.

In the land of PLs, I had an aircraft make an awful groan as we got over the trees coming out of Lowe last week, so I returned to the field, and shut down. I got the same aircraft on Thursday, and the sign-off/write up was "co pilot's window makes noise". I know what is and is not a window noise :angry:

Ah yes, I PLed yesterday as well.

Joy. Yesterday I had FADEC no auto start and FADEC maintenence required. Along with Engine Surges under the fadec monitor page and mx code 1000 under engine history page.

Today I had an aircraft full of queertrons. SCAS disengaged every 3 minutes or sooner. f*cking annoying, but then it wouldnt stay on at all and then we got a Low Hydraulic Pressure message.

f*ck that. Run on landing to lane 2 at Hatch and PLd right there.

Booo

Well I'll see you at Rucker then. Wow, I asked for the earliest date and they gave me five months out. Maybe somebody was dropped from the course for some reason and you happened to get their slot. I know the January guy was hoping to leave sooner as well, but he got August for BCT.

Recently got in contact with another guy in our class, going to Sill as well. Know one other is going to Leonard, I'm Benning.

Hello gentlemen, and congrats on acceptance.

I was also selected in the March board, and will be seeing you at Ft Rucker. I am shipping out to Benning in May, and the short notice came as a surprise to me as well. I tried to push my date back, but May was the only available. So- I am packing up things, taking vacation, and getting the ducks in a row fast and furiously. See you guys there.

• Like 1

Is there a manual with the things we will need to know at basic?

Yup. They will issue it at Benning. If anything, PT your ass off, and maybe memorize The Soldiers Creed.

Edited by akscott60

For those in or through the program, what were your pre and post BCT APFT scores? My run time is good, sit-ups and push-ups need improvement. Doing P90X and feel my overall fitness is good, but not where I want to be for those two events just yet.

As for preparing I know the Soldier's Creed, ranks, Army values, and general orders. Will learn that there, but learned it all now so I can concentrate on other things when I'm there.

Edited by t.o.n.y