LA Helicopters

It seems like a good school. I have heard a few things, but I cannot share anything that I haven't whitnessed myself, or that I am not sure of.

Here are two facts though: I did my first intro flight with them, two years ago. I did not do any further training there (but some part of it was a location issue, since back then I was living in Long Beach, but I was in Pasadena when I finally started my training, which is still in a south-of-105 school).

I did several ratings with them. My experience was that LAH is a great school. Good location, busy airport for good experience, lots of aircraft available, good maintenance, knowledgeable and friendly instructors, as well as an instrument equipped R22 to save money vs a 44. I highly recommend LA Helicopters.

It seems like a good school. I have heard a few things, but I cannot share anything that I haven't whitnessed myself, or that I am not sure of.

Here are two facts though: I did my first intro flight with them, two years ago. I did not do any further training there (but some part of it was a location issue, since back then I was living in Long Beach, but I was in Pasadena when I finally started my training, which is still in a south-of-105 school).

I also did an intro flight with them couple months ago. Experience was good. I wish they had their own turbine helicopters though, so if you get hired on by them after you do CFI training you could get some turbine hours.

• Agree with Goldy. Its an honest and good school. Been around for a long time. I used to fly out of LGB and met Guiallame several times as I flew with his brother. LGB is a good area to train at. Close practice areas and lots of airports nearby too.

Has anyone done their training at LA Helicopters at the Long Beach airport? Im considering to do my training there. Thanks.

Expect to have some no fly days due to weather, fog rolls in quite a bit during the year. Other than that, make it happen!

Hi

I did my PPL(H) & CPL(H) training there. These were add ons for a +10000hrs fixed wing pilot who had seen some other flightschools on both sides of the pond before ;-) So maybe i can give some reference.

The school has a very good maintenance, because its inhouse and done by a dedicated crew. If there is a problem they can solve it. I also recommend just to talk to the guys and you will learn a lot about your new aircraft.

The instructors are good, they get a proper training and the chiefpilot is taking care that this level is maintained. They work closely with Robinson Factory, some instructors are also instructing on the Robinson Safety course, so the newest knowledge is available and distributed.

KLGB is a good place to fly, they have 4 helipads, training areas are near and the traffic teaches you to how to fly at busy airports. Still you seldom have delays due traffic. Its a good mix.

The school has good facilities for groundschool, flightpreparation and selflearning. Also the scheduling in the internet is cool. I can reserve aircraft and instructors via web.

Overall a good company

Enjoy your training

Lars