Flying Videos

Still waiting on Lindsey's commentary...

I actually have a secret love for these videos - the military versions, that is. I mean, come on. Hot, deployed soldiers dancing? Forget all the altruistic bullshit - this is the REAL reason I want to Fly Army! ;)

• Like 1

I like the dancing crew chiefs directing aircraft. Those guys are hilarious

There are several CCs I know with which that is standard practice. They get really flagrant on weekend duty, typically because they are still drunk from Friday night.

• Like 1

I searched Netflix this weekend for a while looking for any movies/tv shows that have a substantial amount of military rotorcraft footage. I was rather fruitless in my search. I was checking things like Modern Marvels, Future Weapons, Surviving the Cut and so on. Any suggestions? Also, beyond TV do you know of any good reads along the same lines?

While we're on the topic, I've always wondered when I see them dancing and shooting mortars and whatnot what the Army rules on that are.

I don't know 'bout this here moDren Arm-ee, but the clcihe was "Whatch gonna do? Draft me and send me to Vietnam? From here, the LBJ looks good- 3 hots and a cot..."

AR 1-076

Proper behavior during the firing/handling of ordnance.

No soldier will engage in any activity that may be considered offensive or unprofessional while performing any mission involving the firing or handling of live munitions. Examples of such activities include but are not limited to: dancing, fornicating, cursing, smiling, laughing, or other societal behaviors which exhibit emotion. Any violation of this policy can result in the soldier(s) receiving punishment under UCMJ.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Regulations+on+dancing+are+total+BS+AR+1-076

Edited by SBuzzkill
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not a video, but still pretty cool...

SERE self-extration training.

size0.jpg

How would you like to be sitting there when they light off a few rockets?

http://www.army.mil/...ining_scenario/

Rather be sitting there when he's shooting at somebody than down there where they're shooting at me and him...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...