Recommendations for WOFT Packet

Hello!

Could I get some feedback on my chances for being selected and what I can do to improve? I'm a former reserve Marine 0811 (artillery cannoneer) with one deployment to OIF, and I'm putting my packet together for the July WOFT board. I was honorably discharged as a staff sergeant.

LOR:

USMC CWO3, former XO

USMC Major, former CO

Director at cybersecurity company, former co-worker

Director at staffing firm (10,000+ employees), former co-worker

ASVAB: GT-129, AFQT-94

APFT: 2 mile 13:50, Push-ups 72, Sit-ups 45 (working on it!)

AFAST: 139

Education:

BS in Finance

Thanks for reading and for any input you can provide.

Gonna need to bring those situps up first. I don't know how you're doing them but the key is to go quick and allow yourself to fall back to the ground. I see lots of guys getting low situp scores because they are lowering themselves back down. Don't be afraid to try and bounce.

Hello!

Could I get some feedback on my chances for being selected and what I can do to improve? I'm a former reserve Marine 0811 (artillery cannoneer) with one deployment to OIF, and I'm putting my packet together for the July WOFT board. I was honorably discharged as a staff sergeant.

LOR:

USMC CWO3, former XO

USMC Major, former CO

Director at cybersecurity company, former co-worker

Director at staffing firm (10,000+ employees), former co-worker

ASVAB: GT-129, AFQT-94

APFT: 2 mile 13:50, Push-ups 72, Sit-ups 45 (working on it!)

AFAST: 139

Education:

BS in Finance

Thanks for reading and for any input you can provide.

Hey... be sure to post your board results... I'll be watching to see what they're picking up! Trying to decide to get out from 9 active years as a network engineer and go civie school or stick it out and drop a packet...

Hello! Could I get some feedback on my chances for being selected and what I can do to improve? I'm a former reserve Marine 0811 (artillery cannoneer) with one deployment to OIF, and I'm putting my packet together for the July WOFT board. I was honorably discharged as a staff sergeant. LOR: USMC CWO3, former XO USMC Major, former CO Director at cybersecurity company, former co-worker Director at staffing firm (10,000+ employees), former co-worker ASVAB: GT-129, AFQT-94 APFT: 2 mile 13:50, Push-ups 72, Sit-ups 45 (working on it!) AFAST: 139 Education: BS in Finance Thanks for reading and for any input you can provide.

How do you have a CW0-3 as an XO? and a Major as a CO? Is this something particular to the Arty battalions? or just more reserve manning shenanigans? Just curious.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the feeback! I'm a bit apprehensive because of my PT score. Those situps are killer compared to Marine Corps crunches. If I do them SBuzzkill's way, I can get up to 70 situps. I hope they count when it's time for them to count.

How do you have a CW0-3 as an XO? and a Major as a CO? Is this something particular to the Arty battalions? or just more reserve manning shenanigans? Just curious.

Reserve manning shenanigans. For a time, our INI CO was the FDO and the Battery CO. Funny thing how officers are always in short supply, but are always there to see you screw up.

Yeah, there's nothing that says you can't allow yourself to fall back (and bounce off the ground) on the situps. As long as you don't arch your back/butt off the ground to come up, and your shoulders come forward of your lower back (or however it's described...just come all the way up) you'll be fine.

Your packet looks rather similar to mine, stats wise. Being Guard, I didn't have LORs (that I know of...the CW4 doing my packet could have put one in). Other than that though, your numbers look like mine within a few points. I also didn't have a degree...

Good luck.

Edited by CharyouTree